Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New to Tesla: 2016.5 Model S P100D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks. Not sure if links are allowed (no advertising, etc), so I'll just say it's the only recent P90DL on OnlyUsedTesla dot com ... lots of pictures and a short video. Fortunately, I received a full-price offer earlier today, so I hope that all works out. :)
Just a follow-up ... the full-price offer I received for $29,500 was legit and we just got done transferring ownership. My P90DL ended up going to a nice couple who are upgrading from a 2015 Model S 70. They flew here yesterday, we transferred it (bank+DMV) in under an hour, and they're currently roadtripping home right now. Maybe I lucked out, but OnlyUsedTesla worked great for us. They feel they got a good deal, and I got $9K more than what Carvana offered. I also tried Carmigo before that, but their highest bid was only $17,900. The legacy dealership network does NOT seem to want old Teslas, even awesome ones.

Since we are talking price...what about a 2016 p85d ap1, mcu1, nose cone and out of warranty. Less than 50k miles for 30k.
Am looking at a 2016.5 90d a few thousand less and a 2015 p85d for 5000 less. Not seeing too much difference between the two p85d but
at least with the 90d it's a year newer with the facelift and newer tech. If this isn't the right spot is there a section that talks pricing and selection?

I was making the same sort of decision before I bought mine about a month ago. To me the 50 k miles isn't all that much of an advantage over one with say 80k, the 30k price seems very high based on what I looked at. You should find that car or the P90D for under 25 I think, if it is updated to mcu2 already then maybe a few thousand more. And the older/newer style is just personal preference, I decided I liked the facelift.

I was making the same sort of decision before I bought mine about a month ago. To me the 50 k miles isn't all that much of an advantage over one with say 80k, the 30k price seems very high based on what I looked at. You should find that car or the P90D for under 25 I think, if it is updated to mcu2 already then maybe a few thousand more. And the older/newer style is just personal preference, I decided I liked the facelift.
For some reason the p models seem to cost more down here. Found a nice one in boston but I am in san antonio. The 2015 p85d is around 25k. Checked and the cost to ship down here kills it but Houston and austin have some better deals. Really like the p85d but may have to go with the 90d. There aren't many performance models local. Do like the facelifted model better. Trying to get myself used to the nose cone. A p90d for under 25 would be nice with the new style but just not seeing them down here. Did you get a ludacris?

Yes, mine is a P90DL with ludicrous.

As I looked, first while I decided I preferred the facelift it wasn't a definite, for the right car right price I would have gone old style, they do look great. Then, there really were not many around, I expanded my search to include some plane flights and 8 hour drives home, the obvious complication of that is having to fly for the first look and if it wasn't what I expected, would fly home empty handed. I was close to buying one a 4 hour drive away, ending up passing on that one. As it turned out I got lucky and bought mine 25 minutes from my house!

There aren't many once you narrow it down (in my case 2015-2018, P model, winter group, etc), I felt like I was looking at the same ads over and over, then one more would pop up, had to be patient. A few checked all the boxes but were overpriced, which is I think what you are seeing. The way prices dropped over the past year or so is a tough one for some sellers to adjust to, they toss out the higher price and hope. One thing to note if you use one of the search sites like autotrader or cargurus or cars.com is to look at days on the market. If the one you are looking at for 30k that you think should be 24k has been listed for 70 days you know you might as well toss out a lower offer and see if you can have a discussion, reality may have set in. Hope this helps!

Reactions: sTrider5a