Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My Teslaunch Buying Experience - All-in-one Rim Protector

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
UPDATE MAY 6 2024 - FSD 12.3.6 RELATED
Teslaunch ring protection installed on my 2023 MYP Uber 21 inch rims, no magbak, no alloygator, but Teslaunch rings installed
best industry protection period, against rim rash
also impact survival, 2x so far
While FSD 12.3.6 was driving, it took a rare tight turn and hit the curb

View attachment 1044957
View attachment 1044958
Did you remove the protector to see if there was any damage to the wheel?

yes, btw is my second impact, the first one was minor, this one by FSD was more severe
the ring took the damage both times and about to replace the latest impact with my spare
no damage underneath, amazing
Glad to hear. So far mine have been great. No curb rash since installing them and so far FSD hasn’t curbed my wheels. But I get nervous a lot when it gets close and take it off FSD if I think there’s a chance it might hit.

yes, btw is my second impact, the first one was minor, this one by FSD was more severe
the ring took the damage both times and about to replace the latest impact with my spare
no damage underneath, amazing
Well, I spoke too soon. Went to a touch less car wash today and I got too close to the right wall. Snapped the rim protector into little pieces. Minor damage to the wheel itself but probably would have been a lot worse without the protector. Now I need to order a replacement set I guess.

Well, I spoke too soon. Went to a touch less car wash today and I got too close to the right wall. Snapped the rim protector into little pieces. Minor damage to the wheel itself but probably would have been a lot worse without the protector. Now I need to order a replacement set I guess.
first mistake, always wash your Tesla yourself