Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Maybe place your orders soon. Truckload of M3P with Ludicrous badge headed to LA, not an MS to been seen anywhere on a truck last few weeks.

Attachments

• IMG_20240516_102132212.jpg
    IMG_20240516_102132212.jpg
    332 KB · Views: 14
Reactions: AMPd
My Model S Plaid delivery is delayed from this Friday 5/17 to next Monday 5/20. There is supposedly a world-wide hold on Plaid deliveries due to a seat belt pretensioner? issue I believe or something else with the seat belts. It is software related not hardware. The update on the car is supposed to be this weekend so I can take delivery after the weekend.
Hope it gets done, as delays are a pain to deal with. Glad I drove down there today to check on the car. Thats when I found out about it. o_O

Ordered online in the wee hours of Sunday morning (like 12:30 AM), and one was available in stock 30 miles away. However, no set delivery date, and I can't make a final payment yet. Any idea of the holdup since it was already at the dealership? Is this normal? Anyway, here's the details:

Ordered: 5-12 (right after midnight), was listed as in stock nearby
Car: Model 3 Rear-Wheel Drive, Stealth Grey Paint, black interior
Order type: Lease
VIN: 5-12, almost immediately after ordering (likely since the car is already at the dealership)
Trade-in: Yes, offer accepted
Complete tasks in app: Yup, insurance and everything else it let me input
Est. Delivery: May 15 - May 22 - Every day since Sunday it's moved up a day. For example, yesterday was "Est. Delivery: May 14 - May 21" and Monday it said Est. Delivery: May 13 - May 20
Delivered: I hope by the time you read this lol!

Update: I called Tesla staying my situation, and the woman said it was unusual since it was already at the dealership when I ordered. I got the following text massages from her after I called:

Hi ***, this is *** I just reached out to the show room advisors. I'll update you as soon as they reply to me.

Hi ***, I'm about to leave the office. The showroom hasn't gotten back to me I reached out to a couple people. If I am able to get an update tomorrow I will update you.

I'm starting to worry a little. 😬 Anyone ever have a similar issue when ordering?

Will it make the old cars keepers?😁
Have not used Steam in a year...
Yeah I used mine like a couple times mostly out of curiosity. Just not often that I’m stopped somewhere long enough that I’d want to load up steam to pass the time.

Also never made sense to me to keep it as an S/X exclusive feature. Should have been at least optional on the 3/Y.

MSP cream interior ordered on 12/30/23 EDD update. This week, my EDD is changing everyday around 8am. Is this common? Does this mean a VIN is coming? Anticipating latest delivery of Jun 3, I decide to schedule full PPF for week of Jun 10th. I found a place in Irvine, CA that is having a special for $3500 for full PPF. Check them out if interested, Electric Auto Films.

previously May25-Jun3
May13-Jun3
May14-Jun3
May15-Jun3
May16-Jun3
May17-Jun3

special for $3500 for full PPF
Wow, that's a screaming deal! I hope they won't cut too many corners (punn intended) for that price. It's worth the money to ensure all wrappable edges are wrapped. I did my whole 2022 MSLR myself and probably spent that much.

Wow, that's a screaming deal! I hope they won't cut too many corners (punn intended) for that price. It's worth the money to ensure all wrappable edges are wrapped. I did my whole 2022 MSLR myself and probably spent that much.
In Dec 2023, I check prices thinking of Jan 2024 delivery and they quoted me $4300. Good price back then compared to others. Better price now. Was told all edges will be wrapped. We'll see.

Reactions: zoomer0056