Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If this is supposed to be a fun car, please take the 911. The Plaid is awesome as a daily driver that you can occasionally have fun in. But a 911 it is not
Yes, and had to laugh at the "down vote" within seconds after I posted a long list of factual, damning sites advising of just how much carbon we have dumped . . . it is beyond obvious that not one link was visited.

I'm sure many have heard the refrain, "Don't bother me with the facts--my mind is made up!"

I'd posit it certainly applies here . . . .

I get it: for some, it's just a mindset of, "Let's sing along now, 'Don't worry, be happy!'"

Thank heavens there are some adults on TMC.

The question really is: do we have enough "adults in the room" to change our global trajectory?

The more one knows about this topic, the more the sane become worried, very worried.

Here's another data point or two:

1. There are somewhere between 1.5 and 2 BILLION ICE cars and trucks extant.

2. Globally, the entire industry only produces some 70 to 80 MILLION cars and trucks each year.

3. Even if we were to magically transition ALL production to EV's with a finger snap on Monday morning, it would still take nearly TWO DECADES to transition the fleet to EV's . . . .

We are so far behind that when negative feedback loops kick in, it's likely going to be far too late to fix the problem.

But you know none of these facts because you didn't bother to click through to ANY of the links posted before you down voted, and then recommended the 911 . . . just wow.

“We have met the enemy and he is us.”

This is the longest, most liberal, useless, and brainwashed post to ever be posted in a wrong forum section ever. You sir have drank too much kool aid. This is a delivery thread, not a thread for you to spread your activist propaganda. Stick to the effing topic.
I'm sorry, but I'm confused.

We've owned over a dozen MS's, thus, we have a lot of delivery experience.

I'm a little confused about your "liberal" comment. In my schooling I had no "Physics for Conservatives" or "Physics for Liberals" classes. Ditto for Chemistry, and so forth.

As for "kool aid" [sic], please, help us all out: if you have fact-based, "conservative" links which advise that yes, WE CAN dump unlimited amounts of GHG's without worry, do please post them ASAP.

Thank you.

While we wait for our poster's links, for anyone on the fence with their Tesla delivery, please note that the choices are yours to make, and they have a profound impact, far greater than many realize: take delivery of a Tesla which moves the needle in the direction that is logical, sane, and intelligent, OR add yet another GHG-spewing ICE vehicle which will move the needle in the opposite direction . . . .

Please choose wisely--get the Tesla, the sooner, the better.

Yeah I’m generally liberal and try to be reasonable with my day to day. But every time this guy gets on a climate rant I want to light some gas on fire because of how annoying his drivel is.
And for anyone else on this thread that's still on the fence with a Tesla delivery, the many recent posts here demonstrate how import your personal choice is. (And note the distinct lack of any supporting links for the remarkable and outrageous claims some have made--mind blowing.)

The educated and well-informed really MUST carry the weight for the remainder . . . if not you, then who?

Our species needs, and deserves, a citizenry with minds wide awake and a basic understanding of how the world works.

--Carl Sagan

Get your Teslas ASAP.

Thanks!

You know who’s ruining the planet? People like you who are using up oxygen that rational thinking people could use. People like you are my trigger. People whose carbon footprint is ten fold of those who drive a petrol powered car
responsibly. Just for you……I’m going on a long hooning drive in my V12. Thank you for saving the petrol for me.

For my own sanity……you are now ignored. I can’t stand your sort of drivel.
He’s trolling, that’s a copy paste he’s used for years. In reality he’s not about that life, I’ve offered him my v10 M5 in exchange for a plaid and he’s ignored it everytime.

He said people shouldn’t worry about the monetary cost, and that he upgrades his Tesla every year so clearly money is not an issue, so if he really believed what he says, he’d take my offer and take a gas guzzler off the road. But he doesn’t, at least not to the point where he’s willing to make an effort.

It’s always easy to request other people do something am I right @TSLA Pilot

Curious about your user name - are you an actual pilot? Or does that just mean Tesla driver? Honest question…..
Let's stay on topic folks. This is a thread for those contemplating a Tesla delivery.

A few here are trying to decide if they want a Tesla, or an ICE with propulsion technology from the previous century, when we burned fossil fuels for propulsion because we didn't know the long-term implications. The amount of waste in the status quo systems is mind blowing, but HIGHLY profitable for some (while damning for everyone on Earth); see how about 2/3rds of all US energy is literally wasted as heat/"rejected energy" in this flow chart:

As for the money, well, BIG money likes to keep its cash flow, as anyone who has watched The Power of Big Oil documentary is very well aware:

(In case numbers are hard for some, the fossil fuel industry daily profits worked out to just a hair under ELEVEN BILLION DOLLARS A DAY in 2022.)

But here's the rub: now we know that dumping gigatons of GHG's has a massive deleterious impact. Thus, for those on the fence with their Tesla purchase the answer is beyond clear: one choice moves the needle in a direction that leaves a usable planet for others, as indicated by a few hundred thousand data points.

The other choice moves the needle in the other direction.

Some post silly tangents which do not belong here because the TMC forums are ostensibly filled with smart, intelligent, logical members; this is why those posts don't belong:

You made what could be called an appeal to purity as a way to dismiss relevant criticisms or flaws of your argument.​

In this form of faulty reasoning one's belief is rendered unfalsifiable because no matter how compelling the evidence is, one simply shifts the goalposts so that it wouldn't apply to a supposedly 'true' example. This kind of post-rationalization is a way of avoiding valid criticisms of one's argument.

And:

tu quoque​

You avoided having to engage with criticism by turning it back on the accuser - you answered criticism with criticism.​

Pronounced too-kwo-kweh. Literally translating as 'you too' this fallacy is also known as the appeal to hypocrisy. It is commonly employed as an effective red herring because it takes the heat off someone having to defend their argument, and instead shifts the focus back on to the person making the criticism.

Let's stay on topic folks. This is a thread for those contemplating a Tesla delivery.

A few here are trying to decide if they want a Tesla, or an ICE with propulsion technology from the previous century, when we burned fossil fuels for propulsion because we didn't know the long-term implications. The amount of waste in the status quo systems is mind blowing, but HIGHLY profitable for some (while damning for everyone on Earth); see how about 2/3rds of all US energy is literally wasted as heat/"rejected energy" in this flow chart:

As for the money, well, BIG money likes to keep its cash flow, as anyone who has watched The Power of Big Oil documentary is very well aware:

(In case numbers are hard for some, the fossil fuel industry daily profits worked out to just a hair under ELEVEN BILLION DOLLARS A DAY in 2022.)

But here's the rub: now we know that dumping gigatons of GHG's has a massive deleterious impact. Thus, for those on the fence with their Tesla purchase the answer is beyond clear: one choice moves the needle in a direction that leaves a usable planet for others, as indicated by a few hundred thousand data points.

The other choice moves the needle in the other direction.

Some post silly tangents which do not belong here because the TMC forums are ostensibly filled with smart, intelligent, logical members; this is why those posts don't belong:

You made what could be called an appeal to purity as a way to dismiss relevant criticisms or flaws of your argument.​

In this form of faulty reasoning one's belief is rendered unfalsifiable because no matter how compelling the evidence is, one simply shifts the goalposts so that it wouldn't apply to a supposedly 'true' example. This kind of post-rationalization is a way of avoiding valid criticisms of one's argument.

And:

tu quoque​

You avoided having to engage with criticism by turning it back on the accuser - you answered criticism with criticism.​

Pronounced too-kwo-kweh. Literally translating as 'you too' this fallacy is also known as the appeal to hypocrisy. It is commonly employed as an effective red herring because it takes the heat off someone having to defend their argument, and instead shifts the focus back on to the person making the criticism.
Yep that sealed the deal. I’m going to drive my M3 back and forth to work this week just because of how annoying this guy is. Hope you’re happy about the greenhouse gasses you’re directly responsible for.

Another good supporting quote for those still on the Tesla delivery fence, despite the overwhelming data:

We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology.
--Carl Sagan

Despite the many gifts, the burden of intelligence is the obligation to act on what you know, the wisdom you have gleaned over the decades--in summary, those with smarts have to carry the load for the many others without that benefit . . . .

Another good supporting quote for those still on the Tesla delivery fence, despite the overwhelming data:

We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology.
--Carl Sagan

Despite the many gifts, the burden of intelligence is the obligation to act on what you know, the wisdom you have gleaned over the decades--in summary, those with smarts have to carry the load for the many others without that benefit . . . .
Acting like you have the burden of intelligence must be the joke of the century. Real stable genius here.

Are you kidding me? wtf……..I mean….great for you but there are people waiting on bins who ordered some time ago and are still waiting.
The answer to your question is in his post. He and hundreds more like them place an order as a place holder along with other cars ensuring Tesla is building the wrong cars and filling unwanted inventory instead of for those that actually Want a car. Would So improve if they changed the order deposit to $5,ooo to stop/minimize this gaming the order system.