Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Magic Dock

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just wish Tesla could stick with one plan for the non-Teslas.

Do they have a final plan for the non-Teslas or is it always going to be confusing?
I don't find the Superchargers confusing, I navigate somewhere and if it's too far it shows up in my route

I DON'T believe this is the case in all other EVs, but certainly the Rivians have this same NAV capability, and now that they are Supercharger compatible I am sure that those sites will show up in the route if the destination is too far to reach.

If you are talking Mitsubishi however they probably don't have much in the way of making Supercharging simple so their drivers will have to rely on the Tesla app to find and start them. Perhaps a third party will enter the fray and coalesce the charging market into one app. I see that ChargePoint and Shell apps support showing some other networks so they may add Tesla sites too.

I just wish Tesla could stick with one plan for the non-Teslas.

So if I now understand this correctly, Tesla has very few Magic Docks but these will work for any CCS cars. Tesla also has some V3 SCs that are compatible with some makes of cars but not others. And also some V3 superchargers that will not work for any CCS cars. Do they have a final plan for the non-Teslas or is it always going to be confusing?
It's not that confusing because the cars that have official support, Ford and Rivian today, do their own filtering in their NAV systems so that they won't send you to a Supercharger that doesn't support the car. In addition, you have to use the Tesla App to start a session on a Magic Dock Supercharger (if you don't drive a Ford or Rivian) and the Tesla app also clearly filters sites when you go to the Charge Your Other EV page in the app.

The reason that there are V3 Superchargers that don't support CCS is that they haven't had the vehicle interface boards in each pedestal upgraded to include CCS. This is a simple board swap, they just haven't upgraded all the sites across the country yet.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rocky_H and DonTom