Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is it time to dump and run?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mswlogo

Aug 27, 2018
NH
I was prepared to stay with Tesla for a good while. Even though I cannot stand Elon.

I keep reading more and more about Elon firing left and right.

I suspect we’ll stop seeing software updates soon and soon it will be hard to get parts.

Elon looks like he is giving up and putting all chips on robotaxi and FSD.

I was hoping for an S/X based on all the updates in cybertruck.

Looking at Lucid Gravity but that won’t be available for a while. And they are not in great financial shape.

Range and efficiency is crap on so many EV’s

I was prepared to stay with Tesla for a good while. Even though I cannot stand Elon.

I suspect we’ll stop seeing software updates soon and soon it will be hard to get parts.

Looking at Lucid Gravity but that won’t be available for a while. And they are not in great financial shape.

Can you name many companies that Haven’t had rounds of layoffs? Looking at Lucid shows your market knowledge.

You might be overreacting.

Elon Musk essentially killed Twitter by firings and selling identity verifications with lots of chaos but it's still around.

Tesla makes cars for robots but Lucid makes them for humans.

That’s an easy one even though the question is not directed at me - while I don’t “hate” him, I can barely stand the guy not because of his viewpoints, but because he’s stopped being an effective business leader at Tesla as hinted by multiple indicators including high burnout of executives, stagnant to sagging stock performance, lack of innovative products that can lift that performance, distracting social media presence and preoccupation, volatile decision making (snap mass layoffs followed by rehiring, believing the Twitter experience fits Tesla too). I’d like him to succeed in finding good governance at Tesla and making the brand desirable and highly valued again.

You hate Elon why? Is it because he’s not super liberal and coincides with your viewpoints?
Yeah, that's right, as in I do not want to be associated or buy products from an person who..a while ago ..broke promises. He stated he would give billions to end world hunger, then backed out. Yeah, I don't want to buy products from someone who has told me how to vote..and demonizes who I vote for..the list goes on..got it?

Can you name many companies that Haven’t had rounds of layoffs? Looking at Lucid shows your market knowledge.
This isn’t your normal layoff.

And I said I know Lucid has issues but at least they are building something beautiful as oppose to what, the cyber truck. CT is a technical marvel but probably one of the things that will sink the company.

And layoffs are due to some really stupid moves like Twitter, what CEO does that?

I was reading an interview of a top exec he fired at Twitter. It’s so toxic with Elon they avoid him or not tell him the truth because they are afraid he’ll snap any minute at anything. How can companies function like that?

Only way I would stick it out with Tesla is if they get rid of Elon. I used to admire him. Now I’m embarrassed to own a vehicle associated with him. He is a toxic.

No question he is a genius and did the impossible but now he’s not the same person. And that is affecting his products and companies.

Shows your knowledge of what’s going on at Tesla. It’s robotaxi, fsd, ai and robots. Not consumer autos. He knows he can’t compete in that space. If the old Elon stayed focused on Tesla he could have competed. But his ego and stupid moves killed that.

4680 is a failure. That was an honest failure not a lunatic move. Need to take chances.

CT and Twitter have already killed Tesla it’s just a long hill down now. Just watch what happens over the next 2 years.

Parts, software updates, repair centers will get worse, lawsuits, fsd still won’t be out and no robo taxi. Charging network will degrade.

Now he might be selling ai services by then to keep the lights on.

I’m very bummed about the whole thing. I’m just being honest with myself. If Lucid Gravity was available today I trade in a heart beat. And I know that company is a huge risk too. I took that risk with Tesla too.

By the time Gravity is out my Tesla might be a worthless brick. Not many EV’s compete with the S or Lucid line.

I really want a mid size SUV. I’d even consider another X but that would be stupid now.

You can't be serious

Yeah, that's right, as in I do not want to be associated or buy products from a person who..a while ago ..broke promises. He stated he would give billions to end world hunger, then backed out. Yeah, I don't want to buy products from someone who has told me how to vote..and demonizes who I vote for..the list goes on..got it?
He promised to give billions to end world hunger if the organization could prove that it would. They never did, and so he didn’t. Because he knew it was BS, one time donation of a few billion will not end world hunger. You knew that, yet you still twisted the facts to fit your narrative.

You don’t want to buy products from someone who told you how to vote? I’m guessing that standard only applies when you feel like applying it.

His opinion of a person that you have no connection to has nothing to do with you bothers you? You don’t like being told who to vote for, yet here you are getting your feeling hurt when someone doesn’t vote how you want them to.

Having said that, why are you here? You’ve got a whole bunch of reasons not to own a Tesla so why do you?

Getting parts has always been a crapshoot. In 2015 after an accident, my car was in the shop for 3 months waiting for a hood. Many people waited months for parts and this was back when Elon was every liberals wet dream.

Elon Musk aside, if the model s/x is no longer good enough for you, if it no longer offers the features you want, just move on.

Unless Elon is holding a gun to your head and is forcing you to buy a Tesla, there no need for the melodramatic posts. It’s just a car.

Getting parts has always been a crapshoot. In 2015 after an accident, my car was in the shop for 3 months waiting for a hood. Many people waited months for parts and this was back when Elon was every liberals wet dream.

Elon Musk aside, if the model s/x is no longer good enough for you, if it no longer offers the features you want, just move on.

Unless Elon is holding a gun to your head and is forcing you to buy a Tesla, there no need for the melodramatic posts. It’s just a car.
Model S is plenty good enough. Problem is it won’t exist in 2 years and the one I have won’t be repairable. He’ll have to cut it. He’ll “fire” his customers like everyone else.

Just the tone of those defending him shows the customers base that’s left. Tesla won’t survive without those “wet dreaming liberals” that you like to call them. That’s a big reason sales fell through the floor.

Lucid sold 9k cars all last year, and are tracking to sell less this year (until Gravity launch - maybe?) Cybertruck has a years-long waiting list, so not sure your comments have much credibility there. I never defend Elon because I believe the opposite of him in many cases, but my Tesla car is unbelievably good. It is still the most valuable carmaker on earth too. His Xai just got an investment round that valued it at $16 billion - the only reason is Elon. Whatever you think of him, he has a following among people who like to make money and he has made a lot of people very wealthy multiple times now.

I work in asset management - all of this handwringing reminds me of the people who insist on investing in portfolios that exclude all the vice stocks so that their values are represented, then complain when they consistently underperform. I tend to separate the parts from the whole - hence I can dislike Elon and love my Tesla, and hope the company gets things right going forward.

3 months?
To me that's absurd. I also wonder did they tell you upfront it would be 3 months or were you strung along, every week asking for an update for your hood?

Most of those companies don't have CEOs that fire entire departments after a ketamine fueled bender. While also having a huge percentage of its leadership jumping ship.

Tesla is failing. Hopefully the shareholders have a come to jesus moment, deny Elon the $56b and he ****s off to go do whatever. Then the company has a chance at recovering and becoming something worthwhile.

Model S is plenty good enough. Problem is it won’t exist in 2 years and the one I have won’t be repairable. He’ll have to cut it. He’ll “fire” his customers like everyone else.

Just the tone of those defending him shows the customers base that’s left. Tesla won’t survive without those “wet dreaming liberals” that you like to call them. That’s a big reason sales fell through the floor.
Why do you think it won’t exist in 2 years? I haven’t seen anything to corroborate that. Maybe it won’t, I hope it does, it’s the only Tesla I like. But why worry and why jump ship so early.

I don’t have to tell you about the alternatives on the market, I’m sure you’re well aware of what’s out there and like you said, most of them fall short of competing with the model s. For one reason or another.

As for my wet dream remark, let’s be honest, I lived in the Mecca of woke and dope (California) 2012-2016 my liberal friends and the liberal media viewed Elon as the savior of the world. As a conservative I too was very fond of him and what he was doing and wanted to do. But many of my conservative friends and family did not like him. Ironically that script has flipped, now the liberals don’t like him and the conservatives do.

Personally I don’t care what someone’s political affiliation is, as an immigrant from the Soviet Union, I whole heartedly dislike the government. Left, right, center, they’re all crooks in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.