Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Infotainment upgrade worthwhile?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
its a no brainer.. your entire vehicle experience will be more fluid, faster wake ups, higher FPS on all screens in all applications. again no brainer.. I paid 2,500 for it, at 1750 again no brainer... your Tegra processor wasnt meant for these later updates so it's overwhelmed constantly. plus you get to play games and have Netflix etc which is a cool bonus.. you get a slightly better sound processor as well.. 5ghz wifi too..

• Informative
Reactions: zoomer0056
I think the only risk ur taking is the possibility of Tesla replacing this upgrade with a ryzen upgrade. But who knows if that would ever happen. If you plan on keeping the car for a while and using it. Then yes get it. If ur gonna replace it soon pass, but having it would help private resale.

Reactions: zoomer0056
Do the upgrade - you will be glad you did. I did it 2 years ago for $1500 ($1695 with labor) and it was well worth it. I don't play many of the games (only one while supercharging) but the other software updates are very nice to have. Rebooting takes a minute or two instead of about 5 min. Just to note - both screens are replaced as part of the upgrade (center and driver) but you will lose the FM radio unless you pay for an additional module. I didn't get the FM module as I only stream anyway.

Whether you do the upgrade or not, one thing that can cause some lag is lots of old destinations still in the nav. I used to go through and delete them every few months. It helped a bit. Unfortunately you have to delete them one by one (unless you do a factory reset).

Reactions: Evee