Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How long between FSD computer update and download of version 12

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don’t think getting the FSD computer will do anything to hasten getting V12 vs V11. V12 is currently the 2024.3 branch. Many people are on the 2024.8 branch with FSD 11.4.9 and waiting for V12 to catch up. What software version are you on?

I don’t think getting the FSD computer will do anything to hasten getting V12 vs V11. V12 is currently the 2024.3 branch. Many people are on the 2024.8 branch with FSD 11.4.9 and waiting for V12 to catch up. What software version are you on?

11.1 - and you are correct, it also labels it 2024.8.9 with the requisite long set of digits after that.

I guess I assumed that us lowly Navigate on Autopilot people were relegated to an ancient version and I would magically get the new version once I purchased FSD and got the hardware upgrade. (I've been around a long time - forgive the sarcasm please!)

I foolishly thought that, when they said they had to upgrade the firmware, they meant the FSD suite. Clearly they just meant some ECU stuff, so I'm still waiting. Ah Tesla! Even though our local service center has a great front guy (Mikel) he gave me the standard "2 weeks" answer.

Anyway, just hoping for more data. Thanks for whatever you can share.

You're not the only one. I bought FSD and I'm still on 8.9.
Same here.... 2023 Model X LR w/ HW4. Just subscribed to FSD a week or so ago with referral credits for 3-months.

I've been on the 2024.8 series since March 17th, updated to 8.4 then 8.7 and most recently 8.9 on April 12th.

Just been waiting since, but now the 2024.14 series w/ v12 FSD (12.3.6) is rolling pretty hard, especially today so fingers crossed! 🤞

Lots of goodies in this series coming.... :cool:

1716916382162.png

I've been in the same boat... Upgraded to FSD when the price dropped. I've been on 2024.8.9 for 47 days.

About an hour ago as I was running errands, I checked the Software page, and it checked and said I was up to date.

As I pulled into my driveway a few minutes ago, though, I saw the orange download arrow, which then went green, and 2024.14.8 is downloading right now.

Come on FSD 12.3.6!

Almost forgot to add - this is a 2018 Model X 75D, have been on Enhanced Autopilot up until now.