Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hotels in Florida with Charging Stations

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I recently visited the Lido Beach Resort in Sarasota and was please to find that it has an HPWC at 40 amps and two J1772 chargers for overnight guests, patrons of the restaurant or tiki bar (I was of course visiting the tiki bar.)

Tesla informs me that this will be a Tesla Destination Charging location and will be posted on the Tesla Find Us web page and posted to the navigation systems of the Tesla fleet. Tesla is awaiting information from the host location before officially posting the information.

Map of Florida Hotels with Electric Charging Stations

Larry

Thanks.

Added it to the map.

Here's the Tesla website reference.

Here's the Plugshare reference.

Larry

Thanks.

This will be a Tesla Destination Charging location and will be posted on the Tesla Find Us web page and posted to the navigation systems of the Tesla fleet. Tesla is awaiting information from the host location before officially posting the information.

Here's the Plugshare reference.

Larry

Forgot to mention... parking is $22/day but you'd be paying that whether your charging or not. I did update PlugShare accordingly prior to posting here.

Forgot to mention... parking is $22/day but you'd be paying that whether your charging or not. I did update PlugShare accordingly prior to posting here.
Thanks for this information. A Senior Vice President at Universal told me a few months ago that this was coming.

Tesla informs me that there will be a second location on the second level with two more HPWCs and a J1772 charger. They've reminded Universal to provide confirming information and after they receive it they will update the website and navigation systems.

Larry

I tested all 3 of the chargers at Loews and all charge at same rate (40amps). Few more pics for all.

IMG_3060.JPG
IMG_3061.JPG
IMG_3062.JPG
IMG_3063.JPG

• Informative
Reactions: Larry Chanin
Additional info on Loews Portofino...

Sorry for another post but I accidentally went down to the 1st level of parking garage and the exact same setup exists. These might be for valet use only though. 2 more Tesla HPWCs and another standard EV charger. These were not roped off and a Model S was there charging. They appear to be fully operational. The ones on level 2 are fully operational as well but remain roped off for some reason as I type this.

• Informative
Additional info on Loews Portofino...

Sorry for another post but I accidentally went down to the 1st level of parking garage and the exact same setup exists. These might be for valet use only though. 2 more Tesla HPWCs and another standard EV charger. These were not roped off and a Model S was there charging. They appear to be fully operational. The ones on level 2 are fully operational as well but remain roped off for some reason as I type this.
Thanks. Your initial posting #255 indicated the charging equipment was located on the lower level. Did you mean level 2 on that posting?

My conversations with Tesla are consistent with your report in that it is likely that one location is for valet operations.

Larry

Thanks. Your initial posting #255 indicated the charging equipment was located on the lower level. Did you mean level 2 on that posting?

My conversations with Tesla are consistent with your report in that it is likely that one location is for valet operations.

Larry

When you enter the hotel you need to bear hard to the right (before you get the valet) to enter self parking. Just follow the self parking signage. As you pass through the gate you are at level 3 (I guess?). So you start on the roof of the parking garage. As you proceed to the end of this uncovered parking area you are able to enter a ramp going down which (according to the button on the elevator) is level 2. This is where the chargers are located that are available to all self parkers. If you circle around and go down another ramp you are at level 1. This is where the valet chargers are located. I hope that makes sense.

As a side note, take your parking ticket with you and once you check in your room key will allow you to enter/exit as you wish throughout your entire stay.

• Informative
please add these:

Water Street Hotel & Marina
329 Water St, Apalachicola, FL, 32320, United States
View Tesla page >

Charging
1 Tesla Connector, up to 16kW.
Available for patrons only. Please see front desk.

The Seagate Hotel And Spa
1000 E Atlantic Ave, Delray Beach, FL, 33483, United States
View Tesla page >

Charging
2 Tesla Connectors, up to 16kW.
Available for patrons only. Please see valet.

Water Street Hotel & Marina
Plugshare reference: Water Street Hotel & Marina | Apalachicola, FL | Electric Car Charging Station | PlugShare

The Seagate Hotel And Spa

Larry

Hello all! New X owner here. On our first road trip, we stayed at

Hilton West Palm Beach
600 Okeechobee Blvd
West Palm Beach, FL 33401

Tesla lists it with one Destination Charger (which is why we picked it), and Plugshare lists it as one Tesla Charger with 50A and one J1772 charger with 40A.

It is Valet only for $22 per day, free to charge.

Long story summary: If you charge at the Hilton West Palm Beach, make sure the valet plugs you into the Tesla HPWC if you need the best charging rate and reliability. They plugged me into their J1772 charger which had a lower charge rate and kept getting interrupted. They did not seem aware of the Tesla HPWC.

Long story:
Of note is that the valet folks did not seem familiar with Tesla chargers vs J1772. When we first arrived, I asked to have it charged, and the valet asked me if I had an adapter. I said I did but mentioned that the Tesla charger would not need it, they seemed confused by that and stated that it was ok, they have an adapter. I just let it go. The first charging session was from about noon to 5:30, I was seeing 30 Amps/17 MpH. About 2 PM I got a notification that the charging was interrupted, and to "check charger power". I let it go as we had enough charge to go to the concert (Muse!) later that evening. Sometime before that though, it started charging again (maybe overheating issue? It was hot as blazes). After we got back from the concert, I handed the X back off and asked to charge again, they did so and I was getting similar charging rates as earlier. Charging got interrupted again sometime in the morning, but it has charged up to 80%-ish already so we were good to leave. When the final valet delivered the car, she brought their J1772-to-Tesla adapter with her, because she wanted to make sure that it was not mine, confirming that they had plugged it into their J1772 instead of the Tesla charger. I mentioned again that I thought they had a Tesla specific charger, but she said they didn't. However, Plugshare has a picture with a Tesla HPWC and a J1771 charger side-by-side. I am guessing they were just not aware of the difference. Unfortunately, I did not personally go look to see if they indeed had a Tesla HPWC. If they did, I would have had a better charging rate (and more reliable) probably if they had used the HPWC. The valet lot was just next door but I am unsure if it was fenced off or not. Google street view still shows it under construction.

• Informative
Reactions: RacerX
Hawk's Cay, Duck Key has a level 1 in the valet parking and level 2 (Nema 14-50) and a couple of 115V in the self parking. Charging there now 30 mph while stayning at the hotel. Not in plughshare map
Olof,

Thanks for the information. We are considering organizing a club Weekend Getaway at Hawk's Cay. What were your impressions of the resort?

Larry

Olof,

Thanks for the information. We are considering organizing a club Weekend Getaway at Hawk's Cay. What were your impressions of the resort?

Larry
Hi Larry,
Very nice hotel. Service was excellent. Good food. Snorkel and scuba dive tours to coffin reef from the hotel and dolphin swimming on site all add up to a great experience. There is only lagoon swimming tough, you can't swim in the ocean from the hotel so it feels a bit confined after a couple of days. Perfect for a weekend however.
Regarding a club Weekend getaway, my spontaneous thought is we should use this to encourage them to put up some HPWC. There is only ONE level 2 charger (NEMA 14-50) which is pretty lame for such a big and otherwise luxurious hotel.

Olof

Hi Larry,
Very nice hotel. Service was excellent. Good food. Snorkel and scuba dive tours to coffin reef from the hotel and dolphin swimming on site all add up to a great experience. There is only lagoon swimming tough, you can't swim in the ocean from the hotel so it feels a bit confined after a couple of days. Perfect for a weekend however.
Regarding a club Weekend getaway, my spontaneous thought is we should use this to encourage them to put up some HPWC. There is only ONE level 2 charger (NEMA 14-50) which is pretty lame for such a big and otherwise luxurious hotel.

Olof
Hi Olof,

Thanks. They quoted us group rates of $169/night with a minimum of 10 rooms. They are only 10 miles from the Marathon Supercharger. If I can get the contact information for a decision-maker at the resort, I'll put him/her in touch with the appropriate Tesla project manager for the Destination Charging Program.

Larry

Hi Olof,

Thanks. They quoted us group rates of $169/night with a minimum of 10 rooms. They are only 10 miles from the Marathon Supercharger. If I can get the contact information for a decision-maker at the resort, I'll put him/her in touch with the appropriate Tesla project manager for the Destination Charging Program.

Larry
Larry, did you find out any contact info for a decision maker? I didn't.

The West Wing Boutique hotel in Tampa, Fl has Tesla Charge Stations.
2501 East Fowler Ave 33612

I don't think they charge anything either.
Hi,

Thanks for your information and welcome to the forums.

I couldn't find a reference to this hotel on the Tesla website or plugshare, so I have an inquiry into the hotel to furnish additional information.

Larry