Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery shenanigans.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I spoke with the sales guy this fine Tuesday morning. Any update on my delivery? "Maybe Thursday".

Ten to 5 I get a call from the truckers. My car is 10k's away.

It's getting dark and they want me to drop everything and go take delivery on the side of the road at my place.

Yeah, nah. The day's notice is so.you can have a snowball's chance of rearranging your day and to jack up the insurance. Nobody at home at the brokers at 5pm.

If it shows up before my insurance is signed off they can bloody well wait.

Really poor communication from someone.
Wonder if the truckers just decided to bring it early and not tell anyone.

Sounds like the usual crap when you get an appliance or item of furniture delivered.
You want them to let you know the date and approx time. They assure you you they will let you know.
Then on some random day you get a call telling you they are outside your house!

Pre mobile phone days there was maybe an excuse for communication issues - but not for the last 10-15 years!

I spoke with the sales guy this fine Tuesday morning. Any update on my delivery? "Maybe Thursday".

Ten to 5 I get a call from the truckers. My car is 10k's away.

It's getting dark and they want me to drop everything and go take delivery on the side of the road at my place.

Yeah, nah. The day's notice is so.you can have a snowball's chance of rearranging your day and to jack up the insurance. Nobody at home at the brokers at 5pm.

If it shows up before my insurance is signed off they can bloody well wait.
first one ever to complain that car arrived early.... never happened before with Tesla 😂

Whoever sat in my car before me was a heavy smoker. Way to take the shine off dude.

Can't see why anyone needs a P version aside from the track tuning goodie pack. Chill is plenty quick and Regular fair throws you back in the seat.

The inventory stock Induction 20's came with Michelin Pilot Sports. They have grown on me already but too expensive to run as taxi tyres. Anyone want to trade on new set of Geminis and you pay the freight both ways?

The towies where I picked it up swear up and down nobody gets more than 20k out of a set of tyres down here. They are always getting callouts to flat tyres where they have run them beyond serviceable. Will have to prove them wrong.

Delivery did 17ks in it before me and I put 20 more on getting home the long way. My 20 were 184wh/km and the average lifetime is 254. Do the maths and they were having a good old time.

180wh/km is a good start. I had 1km at 2km per hour to get out of the industrial roundabout b.s. Then urban highway for about 8 km. Up a hill down a hill at 40kmh and then a bit of rural highway at 80 to 100ks with a couple of foot flat tests, chill v regular 60 to 100. 20km go to wo.

My tail lights have condensation in them. That'll be a warranty fix.

• Funny
Reactions: Audietron
Whoever sat in my car before me was a heavy smoker. Way to take the shine off dude.

Can't see why anyone needs a P version aside from the track tuning goodie pack. Chill is plenty quick and Regular fair throws you back in the seat.

The inventory stock Induction 20's came with Michelin Pilot Sports. They have grown on me already but too expensive to run as taxi tyres. Anyone want to trade on new set of Geminis and you pay the freight both ways?

The towies where I picked it up swear up and down nobody gets more than 20k out of a set of tyres down here. They are always getting callouts to flat tyres where they have run them beyond serviceable. Will have to prove them wrong.

Delivery did 17ks in it before me and I put 20 more on getting home the long way. My 20 were 184wh/km and the average lifetime is 254. Do the maths and they were having a good old time.

180wh/km is a good start. I had 1km at 2km per hour to get out of the industrial roundabout b.s. Then urban highway for about 8 km. Up a hill down a hill at 40kmh and then a bit of rural highway at 80 to 100ks with a couple of foot flat tests, chill v regular 60 to 100. 20km go to wo.

My tail lights have condensation in them. That'll be a warranty fix.
I thought you bought a brand new car?

I thought you bought a brand new car?
Exactly!

Can anyone tell me if the lip of the boot is supposed to have a little gap over to the face of the outer light but ensconces the inner light up to the edge? It might be tricky to photograph but will have a go.

It just looks a little odd to my eye. Not in a "hell that's messed up" way because it is even across both sides like that.

• Funny
Exactly!

Can anyone tell me if the lip of the boot is supposed to have a little gap over to the face of the outer light but ensconces the inner light up to the edge? It might be tricky to photograph but will have a go.

It just looks a little odd to my eye. Not in a "hell that's messed up" way because it is even across both sides like that.
there are gaps everywhere so you need to be more in detail....
finishing is not their pro side.... but over time you get used to with boring and unfinished look outside and more boring look inside - acquired taste.

I added extra wind proofing strips across car... makes huge difference same for frunk, thermal lining in middle to make it all better...

Greg, if you are a numbers man you may like to set your "Trip B" to read "Lifetime - Do Not Reset" this will keep your lifetime use.
Our Model Y is at 154 Wh/km Avg. Lifetime at 65,000km and our Model 3 is 128 Wh/km with 75,000km on the clock.
Both cars are on their original tires but are due for replacement soon.

• Love
Welcome officially to Tesla ownership.

As of writing I haven't accepted the car.

They claim there is an acceptable standard for the amount of moisture in the lens. Not defective! Maybe in Teslaland but not in Taxiland where we are subject to random roadworthiness inspections.

I showed photo to wof inspector and he laughed at the suggestion there is an acceptable level of visible water.

20240517_172808.jpg

Insta fail for visible water.

It's a really good car for me otherwise!

They initially told me this is a vented design which I called BS on because light lenses are sealed. Today I found a vid explaining all the BS in great detail. It really is a vented design!!!! And boy is it BS. Easy enough to fix but they won't allow me to do the job.

The light IS a sealed light the same as every other light these days in every respect, except the T mod. They told me "environmental conditions lead to moisture inside, but it's no problem".

The updated design has a goretex patch over a hole in the case! Way to go T! Don't fix the design so lense piece can be successfully welded to bulb carrier piece, that would cost megabucks. Patch it instead as most people won't mind a half day of moist lense.

It's a brand new car! I want a brand new car that can pass a COF when it is booked in, and every day down the road it has to be the same standard. Not weather dependent! If I get inspected roadside by the God Squad and it is all wet like the picture I am out of work until it is remedied. If I book a COF inspection and it rains overnight the wrong night I can't go. This falls on deaf ears.

They even ignore the fact that if I leave it the lense will go mouldy because it is always getting washed. Wash water is full of nutrients for stuff to grow! It will be perpetually damp in there. Do the maths!

Ball is in their court to rectify. They can either acknowledge it is faulty or they can fix it. They refuse to even acknowledge it is faulty! It sure as hell is not fit for purpose so they haven't a leg to stand on. Watch this space.

• Informative
Back and forth with CS is going nowhere. I am supposed to provide another pic so they can back channel it through service before I accept delivery.

The only way that happens is if I deliberately cause it by flooding the lights in the carwash. They did not respond to say that would be fine go ahead.

They won't say if there are even any spares available.

They have stonewalled me on every point I have raised. So now I have called them out on violating the Commerce Act. They can't just stonewall and not answer questions nor respond to any point I make. See if they wake their ideas up. What a dog and pony show.

• Informative
Back and forth with CS is going nowhere. I am supposed to provide another pic so they can back channel it through service before I accept delivery.

The only way that happens is if I deliberately cause it by flooding the lights in the carwash. They did not respond to say that would be fine go ahead.

They won't say if there are even any spares available.

They have stonewalled me on every point I have raised. So now I have called them out on violating the Commerce Act. They can't just stonewall and not answer questions nor respond to any point I make. See if they wake their ideas up. What a dog and pony show.
so sorry you are going thru this... but welcome to the Tesla customer experience - same boat for all of us, just different corners and different level we avoid dealing with Tesla...

From my experience dealing with them for 3 years now... To certain extent, people at Tesla you are dealing with are having limited information, have no information, and scared for their own jobs... it's some sort of toxic work environment where information is walled up and there are so many levels it has to be escalated (unwalled) before getting to point where something realistic answer provided.

Can’t say that’s the experience i’ve had with Wellington SC in the 4 years i’ve had my car.

I had the rear left light replaced due to condensation while under warranty and the replacement had the same issue a few months ago post warranty and after the typical parts warranty period. They replaced it at no cost.

Give them the chance to make it right?

Give them the chance to make it right?
The photo was sent to two service centres and both declined to see water, only "allowable levels of condensation that should clear up in the sun". Is that not giving them every chance? That is the full extent of the cooperation I have had from customer service.

Otherwise they have not engaged with me at all. I call that stonewalling and it is not allowed under the Commerce Act.