Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CPUC NEM 3.0 discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All
SB 1374 passed the state Senate yesterday in a 28-7 vote.
The bill—SB 1374 (Becker)—now goes to the Assembly, where it will need to pass the Utilities & Energy Committee, the Appropriations Committee, and the Assembly floor. It will then go to Gov. Newsom’s desk for his signature.
This is an important bill. It reverses a terrible CPUC decision that strips renters, schools, and farms of their fundamental solar right and sets a bad precedent that could affect homeowners, businesses, and houses of worship down the road. More background.
See how your Senator voted. Note: "NVR" means no vote recorded. Sometimes that means the legislator was absent. Many times it is a way to vote No without being on the record as voting No. If your Senator is recorded as NVR, you might inquire as to whether they were present on the floor that day, and if so, press them on why they essentially rejected the bill.

SB1190

Another Solar Bill passed the State Senate yesterday, AB1190 (Senator Laird): Would prevent mobile home park owners from blocking rooftop solar on homes in their parks. The bill passed. (Ayes 39. Noes 0.) Ordered to the Assembly." Min was an NVR.

Thinking that perhaps Senator Min was absent vs just not voting on either bill, so if you are a constituent, please call his office to get the details. 916.651.4037

Regarding the Utility Tax issue, more updates for you in a few days. In the meantime, this SF Chronicle editorial reflects the latest and NAILS the situation putting the blame on Buffy Wicks, chair of the Asm Appropriations and the other committee members that voted NVR.

image.png

I wonder if anyone did calculations what the soon monthly fee ($24/month) will do to ROI. I think this hits NEM1.0 people too and the usage rate cuts, rather than 33% originally announced (when it was up to $120/monthly fee for high income) is closer to 10% or maybe only $0.05/kWh now (I forgot the exact $$ since it's so low)?

Reactions: Dave EV