Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Coronavirus

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
PCR test would be the gold standard and more sensitive.

Labs has more info.

As I mentioned earlier, my work had us order FAQs | Cue which are a form of NAAT test but aren't PCR. Look under "How does Cue’s COVID-19 OTC Test compare to other COVID-19 tests?". They are much more expensive than antigen tests.

Some folks at my work have mentioned getting an early positive signal from the above before they were showing positive on antigen tests.
On the Cue NAAT tests, at my work, we learned of bad news from the FDA recently:

There was this response: Cue Health Evaluating Warning Letter Received from Food and Drug Administration (FDA) | Cue Health Inc..

Then, in the past 24 hours, we learned of even worse news, supposedly:
San Diego COVID-19 test maker Cue Health — once worth $2.3B — lays off entire company and shuts down (copy at https://archive.is/r5dRA to get around the paywall)
If the company is really done on Friday 5/24/24, it's unclear right now whether their tests need Cue's servers to operate and if we're hosed after that. Normally, you need to use their app (iOS or Android) to run a test and see the result. The reader and iOS or Android device connect via Bluetooth.

I still have a bunch of unexpired tests and I needed to claim a "reward" for a failed/cancelled/invalid test. But, FDA letter probably prohibited them from sending out any tests and if they're shutting down on Friday, there will be nobody left to do that.

This is the current consumer gold standard.. they are expensive relative to rapid antigen tests. I get them online for ~ $33 each to have in case or when I’m visiting ppl in chemo or elderly.

Pfizer bought them about a year ago.

• Informative
Reactions: SO16
4/27/24 ~> 5/11/24
24.9% ~~~> 28.2

oEOgr0J.jpeg
FY5nyu0.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: jerry33
There seems to be some bipartisan agreement to do a postmortem, but seems some resist.

Quote: ... Dr. Morens admitted to using his personal email account to conduct official business, feigned ignorance about the NIH’s record retention policy, and offered half-hearted apologies for his self-admitted misogynistic comments. Both majority and minority members held Dr. Morens accountable for his failure to serve the American people with the honesty, respect, and integrity that they deserve from public health officials.