Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just updated my order. I did have the M3P with blue paint and black interior but I had seen a lot of people talking up how good the stealth grey looks in person so I drove an hour and a half to the nearest showroom and looked at one for myself. And yep I was convinced. The rep at the store assured me that at this early stage changing the colour wasn’t going to jeopardise my position in line so I did it. The white interior I changed because the stealth grey 3 they had at the showroom had the white and they just looked so good together I couldn’t help it.
Good choice.

image.jpg

Reactions: muddie and Jules22
Yep I do realise that a less popular config may mean a bit of a longer wait I was mainly talking about the position though. I’m happy to wait a little longer to get the config I want. My biggest regret when I got my current 3 was not getting the performance. I had a LR on order and they dropped the prices across the board which meant for only a few thousand dollars more than what I was going to pay for the LR I could have gotten the P. But I knew that would put me further back in line again so I opted to take the LR. After a while though I realised that it was probably a silly decision as waiting an extra few weeks was nothing compared with a few years with the car I actually wanted. I was just so excited to get a Tesla I didn’t want to wait an hour longer than I needed too.
This time around I already have two Teslas so I feel a little more patient I guess. I did hastily chose a config when they went on sale but now that I’ve time to think about it and see the stealth grey I don’t mind a small delay to get what I really want. Especially seeing as now that I will finally have the Performance I always wanted I’ll likely be keeping this one longer than my current M3.
Definitely worth the wait.

I ordered red/black but was torn on the white interior, I have been flip flopping in my head every day lol

Honestly, I don't think there is a bad combo, all the colours look good in their own way and both interiors work well. So I don't think you can go too wrong.

Reactions: muddie
Question: when searching VicRoads registration using my VIN it says no records are found. The registration form magically appeared back in my Tesla App recently. I texted Tesla and they said it’s all good but I’m worried as I’m picking my Stealth grey white interior up next week. Is anyone else in the same boat?

Question: when searching VicRoads registration using my VIN it says no records are found. The registration form magically appeared back in my Tesla App recently. I texted Tesla and they said it’s all good but I’m worried as I’m picking my Stealth grey white interior up next week. Is anyone else in the same boat?
Yes our registration also reappeared, but we also changed the phone number, I thought that may be the reason.....

Also when I sent mail to them no one replied back, so I am just waiting

We are just processing revised invoice to novated lease as of now...

Sorry mate this doesn’t help you at all but stealth with white is an absolute 🔥 combo. Well done

When do we think Melbourne will get the text that the car has arrived in Australia or the it's time to book your delivery? I would have thought by now its been a few days based on what I have seen in the forum (Paganella, M3H)
Looks like gavarse a d scalloping have got rego docs, so I can only assume yours should be coming soon. As for us poor adeladians, we are in the hands of the trucking companies. At least we could track the ship. Now we can only wait for our delivery text. I didn't even got the text to say my car is in australia. I am a little concerned, saw this on the news the other day

1000002961.jpg

Reactions: dronus
Looks like gavarse a d scalloping have got rego docs, so I can only assume yours should be coming soon. As for us poor adeladians, we are in the hands of the trucking companies. At least we could track the ship. Now we can only wait for our delivery text. I didn't even got the text to say my car is in australia. I am a little concerned, saw this on the news the other day

View attachment 1044256
I got rego documents ages ago, not that I know what to do with it after filling out, I guess there's no rhyme or reason to it all. But yes, that's annoying. Now there's no tracking for your last leg! Good lcuk

Last edited:
Hey folks. Anything I need to do to prep my vehicle for its week of PPF and ceramic coating? Do I need to put it into car wash mode or anything? I was assuming I just leave the detailers one of the key cards and put the car into valet mode. Is that enough, or is even that mode overkill?

Hey folks. Anything I need to do to prep my vehicle for its week of PPF and ceramic coating? Do I need to put it into car wash mode or anything? I was assuming I just leave the detailers one of the key cards and put the car into valet mode. Is that enough, or is even that mode overkill?
That’s it. Drop it off and leave them a key to be able to get in/out and move it. The detailers you chose are pros and will prep it to the point it looks better than Tesla had it.

Reactions: BTRProducer