Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2024 Model 3 Performance Announced - Discussion thread post announcement

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I can’t stress enough how disappointing that 40-60 mph time is. If the American cars are doing that in any conditions then that would definitely make me second guess taking delivery of the car.

New one has to be better. Rewatch the Curmudgeon show and relax. 2.9 with a passenger remember :)

And people are making it seem like the non-US car uses salvaged and rusty batteries scrounged up from a dumpsite. For the sake of parity, I hope any differences are minimal.

Last edited:
New one has to be better. Rewatch the Curmudgeon show and relax. 2.9 with a passenger remember :)
I absolutely think the North American car will be way better with an optimized battery. However, I am not so sure about the MIC car now. I still predict that the North American car will run 2.95 seconds for a true 0-60 mph without subtracting rollout and this 0-40 mph time backs that up completely. However, it is still concerning that the 40-60 mph time is slow for the old car with a cold battery. The falloff in that Dragy result was something I have never seen with my car even when I try to make it do that.

For me, at the very least, I am getting a car with a better 0-40 mph time without mods, better seats, better interior, rear screen, better phone key access, more desirable color(Red), lighter wheels, better cameras, better Aero, new front lip, and zero degradation battery all for the exact same monthly payment I pay for my current car. In all likelihood it will also have a MUCH better 60-100 mph time too.

For people who qualify for the tax credit with a purchase they will get so much better of a deal than I will and I am perfectly fine with that. This is an incredible car that is unmatched in Performance per dollar and efficiency. There isn't anything remotely close to it for this price on the market today.

Reactions: jv92red
I absolutely think the North American car will be way better with an optimized battery. However, I am not so sure about the MIC car now. I still predict that the North American car will run 2.95 seconds for a true 0-60 mph without subtracting rollout and this 0-40 mph time backs that up completely. However, it is still concerning that the 40-60 mph time is slow for the old car with a cold battery. The falloff in that Dragy result was something I have never seen with my car even when I try to make it do that.

For me, at the very least, I am getting a car with a better 0-40 mph time without mods, better seats, better interior, rear screen, better phone key access, more desirable color(Red), lighter wheels, better cameras, better Aero, new front lip, and zero degradation battery all for the exact same monthly payment I pay for my current car. In all likelihood it will also have a MUCH better 60-100 mph time too.

For people who qualify for the tax credit with a purchase they will get so much better of a deal than I will and I am perfectly fine with that. This is an incredible car that is unmatched in Performance per dollar and efficiency. There isn't anything remotely close to it for this price on the market today.
And as mentioned on the Curmudgeon show, similar ICE cars in the same performance segment which cost much more than the M3P have gained weight over the years. A BMW M3 xDrive weighs in at 3990 lbs. That's only 48 lbs less than a M3P! (Both specs from Car and Driver and using the M3LR weight) if that 3990lb weight is measured dry without fluids, then it may well be very similar to a M3P. Fully optioned, the BMW is near 100k. Are you really getting 30 to 40k more car? That's subjective but i know where I'm spending my money...

Reactions: arkhos and mpgxsvcd
And as mentioned on the Curmudgeon show, similar ICE cars in the same performance segment which cost much more than the M3P have gained weight over the years. A BMW M3 xDrive weighs in at 3990 lbs. That's only 48 lbs less than a M3P! (Both specs from Car and Driver and using the M3LR weight) if that 3990lb weight is measured dry without fluids, then it may well be very similar to a M3P. Fully optioned, the BMW is near 100k. Are you really getting 30 to 40k more car? That's subjective but i know where I'm spending my money...
BMW’s quoted weights tend to include fluids and driver