Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Yet another track tire recommendation request

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am ready to replace the inexpensive tires (Bridgestone Potenza S007 in 275/35-19) I got to confirm I enjoy Tesla Corsa events.

Running 19" x 10" +37 track wheels and MPP CA with about -2 deg camber all around.

During my research I was really leaning towards the Goodyear Eagle F1 SuperCar 3 in 265/35-19 partially due to the section width because due to my offset the tire is very very close to the upright... but the RE-71RS are currently less expensive and highly regarded also... opinions?

1709252899615.png

RE-71RS is more of an AutoX tire that is alive right away, but will tend to overheat with longer use. Awesome for one lap time attack. Supercar 3 is more of a track tire and will be more heat tolerant and last longer, but it needs some warmup. The Supercar 3 is also not the real sticky version, that's the 3R.

What are you going to use the tire for, and are you trying to set lap records, or just have a track capable tire that lasts a while and lets you learn?