Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We don't know that they've actually made it standard yet. I wouldn't start jumping to conclusions. We know they've been having trouble with parts being available in a timely fashion (see posts about people getting Performance seat upgrades and P85D people getting all manner of different seats from what they ordered). They may simply have decided to use the yacht flooring since they had the parts on hand and not bothered to ask. If someone isn't happy about receiving it they can offer to replace it with the cloth floor later. We know this is an easy change for the service center since they sell the yacht floor as an upgrade. If the floor doesn't cost them that much it's probably easier to just ship it and not worry about it.

I wouldn't rule them making it standard, but I wouldn't start getting all upset. On the upside if you really want it you can order it:
Tesla Gear Shop Yacht Floor - Installed

This is far better than for instance people like myself that missed out on the new autopilot sensors by a few days and there was no retrofit option available.

I definitely don't want it enough to pay $700 for it or I would have originally ordered it. I'm just saying if they are making it standard, it would be a nice gesture on their part to charge current owners just the cost of labor for installation but seeing as they are still selling the parcel shelf for $250 instead of just handing them out to the people who bought the car before it was standard, I don't think it's likely that they will.

Seems the yacht floor is standard now.

I picked up my S85 on Friday and it has the yacht floor even though I didn't go for the premium interior option.

And yeah, the alcantara on the dash update happened around the time they announced the D, along with the alcantara "roof bow" in matching color.

Picked up my S85 yesterday at service center. To my surprise there was an identical twin, same exact options, but a higher vin by over a thousand or so (61,xxx vs 62,xxx). Both were not ordered with premium interior, and mine being an older build (pre-autopilot announcement) wasn't ordered with the yacht floor as separate option. That said my car had the yacht floor in obeche gloss, the other didn't. So if it's going to be standard I don't see how a later build didn't have it. I'm just glad it does even though I didn't get it, it looks great and was a pleasant surprise!

Picked up my S85 yesterday at service center. To my surprise there was an identical twin, same exact options, but a higher vin by over a thousand or so (61,xxx vs 62,xxx). Both were not ordered with premium interior, and mine being an older build (pre-autopilot announcement) wasn't ordered with the yacht floor as separate option. That said my car had the yacht floor in obeche gloss, the other didn't. So if it's going to be standard I don't see how a later build didn't have it. I'm just glad it does even though I didn't get it, it looks great and was a pleasant surprise!

VINs are not built in sequential order. There's a very good chance that your car was built after the one with the higher VIN, which would explain why you received the yacht floor and the other car did not.