Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wrinkled Ultra White Interior

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMG_6878.PNG
Anyone experiencing the same with ultra white interior?

Seeing as the ultra white interior is synthetic material, I wonder if one could take a hair dryer and apply light heat to the area to release the wrinkles.
I would be very careful with that approach. One bit too much heat and you have the old cigarette lighter applied to the vinyl upholstery look. Ask me how I know (this was way back in the day....). :)

• Funny
Reactions: gabeincal
I would be very careful with that approach. One bit too much heat and you have the old cigarette lighter applied to the vinyl upholstery look. Ask me how I know (this was way back in the day....). :)
I was going to add my disclaimer to be careful with this advice and use at ones own risk. Assumed it was fairly common sense though, but then again common sense isn't necessarily all that common. :D That is why I said "light heat". I figured a hair dryer as opposed to a heat gun would not get hot enough unless one would point it super close to the surface.

I was going to add my disclaimer to be careful with this advice and use at ones own risk. Assumed it was fairly common sense though, but then again common sense isn't necessarily all that common. :D That is why I said "light heat". I figured a hair dryer as opposed to a heat gun would not get hot enough unless one would point it super close to the surface.
It would be interesting if someone had a sample salvaged X seat to test the properties of the 'vegan' upholstery. I don't think we know much about how it reacts to temperature, etc. Even the manual says to use water to clean it!