Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Would you upgrade your autopilot one if you could?

• Yes

Votes: 12 52.2%
  • No

Votes: 11 47.8%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have Autopilot one. With only one front facing camera and the Mobileye system.

I know it would be too expensive to put all the new side cameras in my original (less than a year old) AP1 Model X.

If possible, I still would want to update the current AP1.

I wish Tesla would offer to switch up my single front facing camera system to the current triple front facing camera system and switch over to drive PX and Tesla Vision.

Reading stop signs and lights would be a tremendous upgrade.
I guess without the side cameras, it would stop at a stop sign, and you would have to re-engage the accelerator to move, but that would still be awesome.

Although it would never be fully autonomous without the side cameras, I would love that feature.

I have Autopilot one. With only one front facing camera and the Mobileye system.

I know it would be too expensive to put all the new side cameras in my original (less than a year old) AP1 Model X.

If possible, I still would want to update the current AP1.

I wish Tesla would offer to switch up my single front facing camera system to the current triple front facing camera system and switch over to drive PX and Tesla Vision.

Reading stop signs and lights would be a tremendous upgrade.
I guess without the side cameras, it would stop at a stop sign, and you would have to re-engage the accelerator to move, but that would still be awesome.

Although it would never be fully autonomous without the side cameras, I would love that feature.

I had AP1, have AP2. Be happy with AP1, the grass is not greener on the other side (yet)

i voted no because of the potential expense and also because Elon said they wouldn't be offering retrofits i'm assuming it would be time consuming.

It just gives me an excuse to upgrade when my lease is up in 3 years! :) (unless Lucid has a car by then, lol)

I voted "yes", but I really don't think it's ever going to happen. I can see why it's too expensive/complicated to upgrade to 8 cameras.

It probably would be easy to upgrade only the front camera's and CPU, but then it potentially adds a 3rd AP implementation (AP1.5?). This could be a software nightmare to maintain.

If it's important enough to me, I'll trade-in and get the latest X in 3-4 years. Upgraded battery, faster charging, Self-driving, etc. might all add up to convince me to upgrade.