Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Winter tire options

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm a new MY (LR) owner, currently driving with the standard 19" Gemini wheels and tires. What are my winter tire options......can I use the winter tires and local tire store of my choice? I've always used Nokian Hakkapelliita winter tires on my cars and been very happy with them, though I'm not wedded to them. Is there something special about the wheels or process that I should be aware of (that I should look for in a service center), or should my local KalTire be perfectly capable of setting me up with the winter tires and TPMS of my choice?

Welcome aboard @Calliope! There are a ton of winter tire threads around here, check out this one from @stactum to start:

I went with Vredestein Wintrac Pros on Enkei Hornet wheels from Tire Rack, they were great last season. 100x better traction than the stock Contis.

There isn’t really anything special about them aside from the TPMS, your mileage may vary with local tire shops depending on how comfortable they are with Teslas.

• Informative
Reactions: angus[Y]oung