Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Windscreen advice needed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Everyone
I have a crack in the windscreen right in the drivers eyeline that is booked into National Windscreens on 3rd April. Nothing sooner. I am told not to drive the car as I could be stopped (understandable) and insurance would be void in the event of an accident (also entirely understandable.

I need the car for work, as does my wife. We don't have an alternative we can use.

Has anyone had any luck escalating this with either their insurer or repairer as the car is not drivable? (As an aside the crack is getting bigger by the day sitting on the drive and heading for the centre camera centre cluster on the windscreen as well)

Thank you for any thoughts

Back when Autoglass had huge delays on sourcing windscreens some people convinced their insurance to pay to allow Tesla to replace it, but that was months of delay not just over a week.

Rent a car for a week,

I had a similar issue for about 9 months. Go to Halfords (other sellers exist) and get a windscreen resin repair kit

Ignore everything in the pack apart from the resin. Squeeze this into the crack and it will almost vanish. Leave it to dry for an hour or so (ignore the 20 min thing on the package)

Scrape clean with the included razor and you will be fine.

As we have almost no police and live in an almost lawless society you’re unlikely to be stopped for a crack in the screen but the above resin trick is how I got through 9 months with my issue.