Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model Y Windscreen Replacement

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A month ago a stone cracked the windscreen on my Model Y. I registered it with my insurer immediately and it was booked in a short while later with Autoglass to carry out the repair, with Tesla, today.
I have had several emails telling me to be ready and last night I even received a text message telling me what time to arrive and how long they would have the car.
I arrived early today and the look of panic on their faces was priceless. "Didn't anyone call you and tell you?"
Yep, screen is on back order and they have no idea when it will arrive and didn't bother to tell me!!

Anyone else had a screen replaced recently and have an idea of wait times?

Well, I've been waiting 3 months for left-hand wipers to come back into stock on the Tesla shop! Now back in stock, but air filters are now out of stock! I guess they are just selling too many cars and can't keep up with demand for spare parts...

Reactions: Chickenlips
A month ago a stone cracked the windscreen on my Model Y. I registered it with my insurer immediately and it was booked in a short while later with Autoglass to carry out the repair, with Tesla, today.
I have had several emails telling me to be ready and last night I even received a text message telling me what time to arrive and how long they would have the car.
I arrived early today and the look of panic on their faces was priceless. "Didn't anyone call you and tell you?"
Yep, screen is on back order and they have no idea when it will arrive and didn't bother to tell me!!

Anyone else had a screen replaced recently and have an idea of wait times?
I had my MY windscreen replaced by Autoglass 10 days ago. I had to wait a month but that was not down to the part that was supposedly getting the calibration equipment in to my local branch + a weekend appointment. They said they had the screens available from day 1

I had my MY windscreen replaced by Autoglass 10 days ago. I had to wait a month but that was not down to the part that was supposedly getting the calibration equipment in to my local branch + a weekend appointment. They said they had the screens available from day 1
Hopefully I won’t have to wait much longer then. Hopefully they did a good job?

Hopefully I won’t have to wait much longer then. Hopefully they did a good job?
I took close up photos beforehand all around so that if they fitted it badly I would be able to show evidence of before and after. It might be very slightly proud on the top left corner compared to before but its not generating any wind noise so I am happy. No issues with autopilot etc so yeah decent job especially since it was done in what I can only describe as little more than a shipping container in a Morrisons carpark.

Reactions: Chickenlips