Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Window operation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm hoping that sometime in the future, there would be a software update that would allow me to open my windows remotely,
via the TM3 app, to assist in evacuation of the heat build up that accures here in Hawaii and around the world.
You can activate remotely the Air Conditioning, or keep it on with Dog mode before leaving your car.

To control the windows the same way you can turn of or off each seat heating would be great,
but I think that there are some regulations not allowing to move up the windows, for safety I beleive.

However, I would like to see using my phone app, if I left my car with some windows not rolled all the way up.

Last edited:
I'm hoping that sometime in the future, there would be a software update that would allow me to open my windows remotely, via the TM3 app, to assist in evacuation of the heat build up that accures here in Hawaii and around the world.
I'm with you. Why not have smart windows, with app control? If you leave them open when you leave the car, have a notification, and give you the option to close them. Of course, if you could get a notification if the interior hits 100F, then give you the option to crack a window. Sure, I know you can have the fans and AC turn on, but why not have choices. You could also have a smart window that would close if it started to rain, since we have a rain sensor.

Reactions: APotatoGod
I'm hoping that sometime in the future, there would be a software update that would allow me to open my windows remotely, via the TM3 app, to assist in evacuation of the heat build up that accures here in Hawaii and around the world.
084EDEEE-1CE5-41C9-A531-60A3E670D2D7.jpeg

Sweet!
All 4 windows roll down about 2 inches.

Last edited:
Reactions: tkc9789 and KenC