Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will Tesla make the "by the end of January 2015" promise for torque sleep? (P85D)

Will Tesla make the "by the end of January 2015" promise for torque sleep? (P85D)

• Yes, as promised

Votes: 33 27.0%
  • Nope, will be late

Votes: 89 73.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I finally got the following answer from Jerome - very similar (if not identical) to others posted already:

Dear Marc:

Sorry for my delayed response.

Torque sleep and improved range for Dual Motor vehicles is included in versions 2.2.139 and later regardless of the selected Range Mode setting. However, the amount of this improvement will be increased by enabling Range Mode which has other vehicle control modifications in addition to the HVAC behavior.

Thanks again for your continued support. Best regards,

Jerome Guillen I VP, WW sales and serviceI [email protected] I 45500 Fremont boulevard, Fremont CA 94538 I tel 650.681.5390 Imobile 503.970.5217 or 650.946.7730

So your summary is "owners are headless chicken, Tesla did things right, hopefully the owners learned their lesson".
My summary is "Tesla messed up, tried to fix it, ran late, messed up communicating the fix, but based on what we are guessing and deducing so far it seems that for most people the issue seems to be mostly fixed; hopefully Tesla learned from the mess and does a better job communicating where it stands relative to public promises and statements of capabilities on their website."

PotAIto, PotAHto.

Don't rewrite my words please. I agree with your summary and am not lionizing tesla. Just saying they did what they said they would so trust on that account is in order. It seems every time there's an episode like this people get unnecessarily negative and start spinning.

Don't rewrite my words please. I agree with your summary and am not lionizing tesla. Just saying they did what they said they would so trust on that account is in order. It seems every time there's an episode like this people get unnecessarily negative and start spinning.

do what you so; say what you do. It seems like this is REALLY easy to control of TM would step up on all of the levels that they don't....poking at those going through something that you arent doesn't seem all that appropriate either.

do what you so; say what you do. It seems like this is REALLY easy to control of TM would step up on all of the levels that they don't....poking at those going through something that you arent doesn't seem all that appropriate either.
we have all been through this. A batteries, lowering removal, d range... Point is you can go through life suspicious and angry or not. Tesla has mucho room to improve on communications but I generally decided after a year of ownership they are trustworthy and I hope you do too.

we have all been through this. A batteries, lowering removal, d range... Point is you can go through life suspicious and angry or not. Tesla has mucho room to improve on communications but I generally decided after a year of ownership they are trustworthy and I hope you do too.

Im not suspicious or emotional over this issue. And, I won't judge you for your opinion or apathy over TM's management of their affairs; Would only ask for the same courtesy - whats right for you, isn't always the rest of the world's view.

Last edited:
Wasn't trying to stir things up. Glad this is resolved for people and this thread can fade away.

That would be very neat

Neat is incompatible with innovation, so these pitchforks will just get shinier from frequent use :wink:

pitcforkmob.jpg

The myths of innovation by S. Berkun

The dirty little secret - the fact often denied - is that unlike the mythical epiphany, real creation is sloppy. Discovery is messy; exploration is dangerous. No one knows what he's going to get when he is being creative.

Perhaps some frustration is inevitable but it seems to be exacerbated when expectations are not closely managed.