Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will legacy ever see V12?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New to this forum. I was totally disheartened when I found out that the update I received for my 2020S just a few weeks ago (2024.2.7) meant I could not get FSD V12. Very disappointing. I've heard speculation that this was done because my vehicle doesn't have an internal camera and Tesla is concerned about their ability to monitor drivers. Is there any further information on this? I find FSD 11 very erratic but I'm on no position to buy a new car. As usual, Tesla is saying nothing on the matter.

• Informative
Reactions: Kohan
Reactions: MP3Mike
Upvote 0
Reactions: DerbyDave
Upvote 0
Intel cars get Autopark, just the display is not as nice, but same functionality. You also have to enable the new display in the center display. It defaults to Standard (old style).
"For vehicles with the Intel-based infotainment unit, the visuals will look like the video below, where it doesn’t display a 3D environment of the vehicle’s surroundings. Instead, the visualization just highlights parking spaces available. However, the limitation for Intel vehicles is just in the visualization itself, the vehicle is just as aware of its surroundings as vehicles that display 3D renderings of objects on the screen."

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Intel gets the new Autopark, at least in the 3&Y. I suspect it is the IC in the legacy S&X that prevents it right now. (Different UI than non-legacy.)
I suspect the same, I have a legacy but the release notes didn’t mention any auto park and I have yet to find a place to test it, previously only once in a blue moon I will see the parking decal show up in a parking lot.

Upvote 0
Notateslaapp.com has Release Notes, including undocumented updates. This is one of those.
Those notes and example are probably from Intel Model 3/Y. So far the new Autopark with 12.3.6 is only available for landscape screen vehicles (including new S/X where Autopark visualization shows in the instrument panel).

Hopefully legacy S/X with HW3 will get this soon. Perhaps the separate Autopilot stalk needs some extra programming and testing?

Upvote 0