Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Why the 19" Aero Rims will Never Sell

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah, but now they look like Hub Caps... ;)

Yeah I agree, but they look like hub caps to start with, IMHO. I think an actual artist/designer could spend more than 10 minutes and do something with them to make them look better and not so "hub cappy"

- - - Updated - - -

That's funny, I have the aeros on order for my blue ms and was planning on doing black powder coating and stealth xpel full body. This looks sweet. I'll post pics when it's all done (December, unfortunately)

Definitely look forward to seeing the pics, though they will be too late for my order (unless something goes terribly wrong in the next few weeks)

There are also only two pictures and some computer renderings on TMC with a Model S with these rims. And no offence, but personally I kind of want at least one better picture than those two. And the wheels seem kind of difficult to properly do justice with the kind of computer renderings that we’ve seen.

Saw a Red S with Aero's being delivered to the Minneapolis SC today. The wheels are light and reflective enough that I think they will go well with most of the Model S colours.

While I still think they don't make economic sense, I will say that, aesthetically, they are more interesting than the standard 19". But the 19" cyclones are my favourite.

IMG_0938.JPG

Saw a Red S with Aero's being delivered to the Minneapolis SC today. The wheels are light and reflective enough that I think they will go well with most of the Model S colours.

While I still think they don't make economic sense, I will say that, aesthetically, they are more interesting than the standard 19". But the 19" cyclones are my favourite.

View attachment 30991

This is the best they’ve looked in any picture on TMC by a long way.
Agreed. That's actually not too bad.

Am I the only one that looked at that picture and thought "there's your problem, there's no way you'll get a good take-off pointing backwards like that"?