Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Why don't I see Blind Side Assist available on 2017 MX?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We have a subscription to FSD Beta. However, Blind Side Assist does not show as an option [should I be looking someplace else?]. Up to now, I have not enabled, FSD, but even now, when I do (after all the dire warnings) I see no way to get blind side assist.

Since this is an older model, are there any non-obvious hoops I have to jump through to get this feature enabled? Or are we just SOL?

Thanks

I'm not sure what you are referring to as blind side assist. If you want the turn signal cameras, I think you're SOL because they never added that feature for the legacy models. However, the side sensors might still show a bit of a warning in the IC if they are still used (possibly disabled for all driving features when/if everyone was upgraded to vision), and the visualization might show vehicles in the IC, but you should definitely still use your mirrors and your neck, there's a reason the feature non-Tesla vehicles have is called assist, it's a reminder/double-check, not the check.

Upvote 0
I'm not sure what you are referring to as blind side assist. If you want the turn signal cameras, I think you're SOL because they never added that feature for the legacy models. However, the side sensors might still show a bit of a warning in the IC if they are still used (possibly disabled for all driving features when/if everyone was upgraded to vision), and the visualization might show vehicles in the IC, but you should definitely still use your mirrors and your neck, there's a reason the feature non-Tesla vehicles have is called assist, it's a reminder/double-check, not the check.
Thanks. Meant to say, "Blind Spot Assist".

So, I guess you're saying that the cameras on the side of our vehicle that display side views when backing up, are not "turn signal cameras"? Just as a matter of interest, how do those cameras differ from the ones we have?

Upvote 0
We have a subscription to FSD Beta. However, Blind Side Assist does not show as an option [should I be looking someplace else?]. Up to now, I have not enabled, FSD, but even now, when I do (after all the dire warnings) I see no way to get blind side assist.

Since this is an older model, are there any non-obvious hoops I have to jump through to get this feature enabled? Or are we just SOL?

Thanks
What are you expecting to exist/happen. AFAIK, all you will basically see is a red bar on the offending side when the turn signal video is showing.

Upvote 0
So, I guess you're saying that the cameras on the side of our vehicle that display side views when backing up, are not "turn signal cameras"? Just as a matter of interest, how do those cameras differ from the ones we have?
Very close. I'm not saying the cameras are different, though, I'm saying the software is. As far as I know, Tesla simply opted not to add this feature for the legacy models in spite of the fact that they use the same hardware, however, one notable difference is that the models with "the same hardware" that got this feature have MCU only, no IC. If the non-Legacy X & S have the feature in the IC, then those vehicles may have a newer IC and Tesla may have simply opted not to include the feature on a vertical MCU where an IC that wasn't capable also existed. In any case, it is unlikely that this feature will ever be retroactively added to legacy models.

Upvote 0
Yep, that feature was never made available for the Legacy S/X: https://www.tesla.com/blog/introducing-software-v11-0

1713276800158.png

Upvote 0