Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Who in Canada will order the new P85D?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered a P85D this morning. Been sitting on the fence for the last 6 months waiting for the AWD version.

Noticed that the Canadian ordering page went down in the middle of the day and some of the base prices were adjusted upwards when it came back online.

Ordered a P85D this morning. Been sitting on the fence for the last 6 months waiting for the AWD version.

Noticed that the Canadian ordering page went down in the middle of the day and some of the base prices were adjusted upwards when it came back online.

Just a guess, but I suspect the pricing that was posted this morning was wrong and that's why they took the site down. With this morning's pricing, I priced my Dec 2013 car and it came to $3000 less than I paid, with autopilot hardware and fog lamps (that I don't have) added to the tech package. Now with the "corrected" pricing, it's $500 more than I paid, so pretty close to the same price plus an increment for those two additions.

I got mine 3 months back. So I am pissed (I asked if they are going to come up with an AWD option in MS in the near future when I ordered and I was told a categorical "No").
I was contemplating selling the MS and ordering a new one. But saner thoughts prevailed. I am going to wait at least another year. There are still many features that other luxury cars offer and Tesla will have to follow if they want to be competitive. I am sure that they will come out with these in the second half of next year, if not earlier.

My MS has already eroded in value thanks to the enhancements. I wish I had taken the resale value guarantee :(

Yes, nothing in writing, but Martin said December...plus, the "reservation received " email said December...

Did you get confirmation that they will be delivering the P85Ds to Canada in December? They tend to be delayed (offset) wrt the US delivery times ...[/QUOTE

**Edit**. The blog on the official sites defines delivery time "North America"...it doesn't differentiate between Canada and the U. S. ...thanks! :smile:

Last edited:

Yep. My exact same configuration is now $4300 more.

Last edited:
I cannot face letting go of our Sig Red (#2 in Canada) just yet. I will catch the next inevitably tantalizing innovation wave perhaps. But the consolation prize is cannibalizing the Model X res we have had for my wife with an 85D order. That still gives us over 1000 hp of Teslas in our soon to be all-EV garage. I am totally good with that, for now!

It will be a nearly fully-loaded Brown/Tan/Obeche Gloss 85D, delivered in the first wave of those in February-- just in time for the heaviest snow season of BC! It is my gift to my wonderful wife, and with all the features to keep her as safe as safe can be!!

........ But the consolation prize is cannibalizing the Model X res we have had for my wife with an 85D order. ......!
I wonder how many others will follow your lead on converting the Model X order. (it sure is tempting especially if the interior room on the X is not critical )
I see 10 Model S for sale in the last 2 days on the TMC Marketplace section, more than likely upgrading to the xxxD

I wonder how many others will follow your lead on converting the Model X order. (it sure is tempting especially if the interior room on the X is not critical )
I see 10 Model S for sale in the last 2 days on the TMC Marketplace section, more than likely upgrading to the xxxD

I'd like the extra space of the X, but if pricing is too much of a bump up from the S I don't think I can do it....any Tesla is a huge purchase for me. In any case I will wait till I can at least sit in an X, if not a full test drive.

I think my Model X reservation just went from "I might buy it" to "Absolutely". Hopefully the wife lets me keep the our Model S in a years time... :)
I which I could say the same. I have a reservation but am on the fence right now for the following reasons:

Model X P85D compared to Model S P85D

PROS
- more interior space
- towing capability ( which I don't really need )
- higher clearance for snow

CONS
- reduced range , higher air resistance
- unknown cost ( how much will the falcon wing doors add to the $140k CND price tag )
- new type of doors ( seal , wind noise ).
- the wait for a test drive

Not a design issue but will my wife be OK with the size, so having to wait for the Model X demo just to find out it doesn't work for us is unfortunate.

In my case a Model X makes a way more sense as I'll have 5 kids in tow by this time next year. :)

I'm just hoping it offers as much practicality as a minivan (ie. cargo space behind the 3rd row)...

I which I could say the same. I have a reservation but am on the fence right now for the following reasons:

Model X P85D compared to Model S P85D

PROS
- more interior space
- towing capability ( which I don't really need )
- higher clearance for snow

CONS
- reduced range , higher air resistance
- unknown cost ( how much will the falcon wing doors add to the $140k CND price tag )
- new type of doors ( seal , wind noise ).
- the wait for a test drive

Not a design issue but will my wife be OK with the size, so having to wait for the Model X demo just to find out it doesn't work for us is unfortunate.