Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Which version are you planning to buy? (poll)

Which configuration are you planning to buy?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I said AWD but it will really depend on what other options are available when I get to configure. If I can get it nicely optioned except for AWD and get the full tax credit I may go with RWD but if none of the other options I want are available then I'll be waiting.

There'll be a base model (2wd) and a performance 2wd... and i'm guessing they'll only be selling the performance 2wd to start with at a $45k ish price with a 65-75kwh battery. Then later will do the base 55kwh at $35k - but have it as just available spring-summer 2018.

Besides AWD also want the largest battery available. But don't care about Performance or premium features like sound system, lighting etc.

I also want to wait until most of the initial "Ok, let's redesign that part" changes are made. No idea how I'm going to judge that... and maybe the automated production line will remove most of those from the start. OTOH, cars to Canada will be months and months later anyway so it may take care of itself.

I will order the most spec'd 3 I can get and still get the Fed tax credit. That will pay for EAP etc on AP2 which is a must have IMO. It's somewhat tricky to figure out when Tesla's credits will expire but it seems like delivery before end of March '18 is a safe bet. After that of course it's just 1/2 the Fed cred so, still not too bad.

Reactions: garsh
I'm fine with RWD. But... It depends on what "Base Model" really means. Glass roof? White Seats? 75Kw battery?

I am the same that I am fine with RWD but requiring Glass Roof, White Seats and any battery is fine. I am planning on getting a small used SUV if I need the room, range and AWD. If it looks like the AWD is only going to be a few months later I will get that and skip the SUV.

I prefer the AWD, but will settle on a RWD if it will make the difference between getting the full tax credit or not. I already have a very quick sports car, so no need for a PXXD. Hopefully Tesla will provide full clarity on delivery schedule when it becomes time to order so I'll have all the information I need to make an informed RWD vs AWD decision based on tax credit availability.