Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Which door style would you prefer, given what we know today

Which rear door style would you prefer, given what we know today

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
we cancelled our order of the X when we were told that Tesla had no plans to develop a roof wrack for it. the falcon doors are cool, but they are a solution to a problem that is just not a big deal to me, and suicide doors would solve the problem more simply (I chose other in the survey) while making the car more sport versatile. we have two kids, we've used a variety of third row seats in other vehicles and yes, it can be extra work, but we just don't have to use them that often to make it worth giving up roof storage for kayaks, etc. we traded up to an 85D instead, after concluding that the S is more of a sport utility vehicle than the X, which is more of a sexy mini van.
I'm having similar thoughts. But likely still going with the X. It's a lot to give up, for questionable benefits. Third row access is not a huge daily issue for most people. Skis/bikes/plywood on the roof maybe weekly? Twice a month? Interesting conundrum.