Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
artsci--bought the stainless steel hooks you recommended and have wrapped them in black electrical tape. Will install tomorrow on my wife's S70D (factory pickup tomorrow). Is it best to open the pano roof all the way to see where to hook them over the structural bar?

Not necessary, but ok if you want. Just slip the short end of the hook over the top of the bow, then push far back is it will go, then pull it down. It locks into place over something that I haven¹t taken time to examine.

Not necessary, but ok if you want. Just slip the short end of the hook over the top of the bow, then push far back is it will go, then pull it down. It locks into place over something that I haven¹t taken time to examine.

Rick--I have been palpating, inspecting, exploring--but for the life of me cannot find anything solid to hook onto behind the cross bar within reach of the depth of the hook. Maybe there has been a forward production change with elimination of some 'unnecessary' structural element under the ross bar. In any event, I hung the hooks in basically the position you show in your photos. Hung a bunch of dry cleaning on them yesterday--worked fine. Thx.

Rick--I have been palpating, inspecting, exploring--but for the life of me cannot find anything solid to hook onto behind the cross bar within reach of the depth of the hook. Maybe there has been a forward production change with elimination of some 'unnecessary' structural element under the ross bar. In any event, I hung the hooks in basically the position you show in your photos. Hung a bunch of dry cleaning on them yesterday--worked fine. Thx.

If you'll be at TMC Connect I can take a look.

Last edited:
Perhaps those would be what you are looking for:
image.jpg

Available on: e-driver.net