Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Where do you put your change?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As a MS driver for a few months now, one of the frustrating things is I still haven't found a convenient place to drop my change. For now I drop it in the center console where the USB chargers are, but it's not very convenient to fish it out of there. What do you do with your change?

As a MS driver for a few months now, one of the frustrating things is I still haven't found a convenient place to drop my change. For now I drop it in the center console where the USB chargers are, but it's not very convenient to fish it out of there. What do you do with your change?
I use a draw string bag and place it in the yacht floor storage box. No noise, easy to get to and very handy

To feed parking meters?

Parking meters! I will give you that. If I can't pay with my phone or credit card I am not parking there.

Side note tangent: There are EV parking spots in uptown Charlotte with chargers and meters, but the charger is located in the passenger front corner. No way for it to reach to where my charger actually is unless I park in the wrong direction on a major street. That was the only time I have tried to park at a parking meter with my S and I failed for a different reason than not having change.

Smartass answer: Why does anyone have actual physical change anymore?

Actual answer: I have some in the cup holder under the arm rest. I honestly have no idea where that change came from, but I leave it there. I think it is like 40 cents worth.

For me it's primarily fast food drive thru's or quick trips in and out of a store. I hate carrying change I my pockets, so I always drop it in my car. Ironically, having change in my car helps to prevent me accumulating more change, so I like to have it handy.

Good tip about the cup holder under the arm rest. Those cup holders are inconvenient to actually use for cups, so I hardly ever use them for drinks.

I should probably get one of these:

Amazon.com: Winplus AC02000606 Coin Holder: Automotive

For me it's primarily fast food drive thru's or quick trips in and out of a store. I hate carrying change I my pockets, so I always drop it in my car. Ironically, having change in my car helps to prevent me accumulating more change, so I like to have it handy.

Good tip about the cup holder under the arm rest. Those cup holders are inconvenient to actually use for cups, so I hardly ever use them for drinks.

I should probably get one of these:

Amazon.com: Winplus AC02000606 Coin Holder: Automotive

@Black/Black MS DON'T DO IT. I have tried two different brands of that same thing, including that one and it will DRIVE YOU CRAZY!!! The springs pushing the coins up are not sufficient to allow you to slide the coins out without it depressing the coin back down making it too far down to slide out. Gave both of them away to co-workers and they both thought I had given them a gag gift as they were all but unusable for them as well. Basically uselss

@Black/Black MS DON'T DO IT. I have tried two different brands of that same thing, including that one and it will DRIVE YOU CRAZY!!! The springs pushing the coins up are not sufficient to allow you to slide the coins out without it depressing the coin back down making it too far down to slide out. Gave both of them away to co-workers and they both thought I had given them a gag gift as they were all but unusable for them as well. Basically uselss

Wow - good to know, thanks. I would have bought it based on the reviews.

I went to Target and got a silver metal mesh desk organizer. Fit just perfectly in the well between driver and passenger seat. Plus it helped me organize placement of my phone, sunglasses, ICE keys, etc. Looks nice (cheap, but nice) and works very well for like $10.

Where do you put your change?
Excuse me, but I bought a Tesla. And them ain't mouse nuts. So it's going to be a long while before I've re-accumulated enough change to rub together, let alone worry about where to put.

Next answer: same as I have for decades. In old film canisters. Canadian change in one, US change in the others. AND....I use the real film canisters - they're made out of metal. And you haven't seen those since the early/mid 60's or so.....