Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

When did Model C start shipping with a heat pump?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

rozhasi

Nov 5, 2023
USA
I thought that all 2021 Model X had a heat pump, but after some research, it appears that only refreshed 2021 Model X were shipped with a heat pump. I think the refresh happened some time in early 2021 even though the 2021 Model X was already shipping at the end of 2020.

How do I find out if a particular used 2021 Model X had a heat pump? Is there a certain date after which every Model X shipped with a heat pump? I don’t want to go with a 2022 or newer Model Y because I want to get the stalks and the ultrasonic parking sensors.

Thank you.

Oh and I guess I should ask if your vin starts with "5YJ" ?
As I recall, the announcement was around October 2021, and started shipping refreshed MX with the heat pump in January 2022. Offered as a retrofit in April, and all MX shipped in October 2022.
Isn’t this a different refresh that was announced in October 2021? Wasn’t this the refresh that hat the redesigned dash and a new screen plus it removed the stalks? I was taking about the redesign announced in January 2021 that introduced the heat pump.