Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wheels!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Question: So I have zero understanding how wheels work beyond that they spin. I am looking for new wheels- 21 inch to match the stock ones but I have no idea on sizing. Can someone just post me what sizes work for wheels on a Tesla Model S P100D manufactured in August of 2016? Attached is an image of what I am looking at getting but I have mo idea what to order. I know my current tires are staggered. 265/35 21s rear and 245/21s front if that means something!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230825_184237_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230825_184237_Chrome.jpg
    404.8 KB · Views: 90
  • Screenshot_20230825_184253_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230825_184253_Chrome.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 44
I would have bought non staggered tires if I were you so you could rotate them when needed. I have 20" non staggered on my car. You'll find that those 21's wear out pretty fast and get very loud.
It is funny because I have seen lots on the noise. I think because this is my first luxury car (I had an old camry prior) this car is way, way quieter than the camry so the only thing I notice is how much quieter the cabin is hahaha. I got mine at costco and fortunately they have a 45k mile warranty with them so if they "burn out" in 15k miles Ill get them replaced under warranty!

I got mine at costco and fortunately they have a 45k mile warranty with them so if they "burn out" in 15k miles Ill get them replaced under warranty!
Per Michelin:
Note that if you use different size tires on the front and rear axles, your tires cannot be rotated as recommended by Michelin. As a result, the mileage warranty on each rear tire will be half that specified.