Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What's worn out?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For those who have had their Model Y for a few years or for a lot of miles, what parts, surfaces, or materials are worn or damaged, and is there anything you wish you'd have done early on to protect them? Similarly, if you invested in some type of protection that ended up being unhelpful, that would be valuable to discuss as well.

Reactions: APotatoGod
For those who have had their Model Y for a few years or for a lot of miles, what parts, surfaces, or materials are worn or damaged, and is there anything you wish you'd have done early on to protect them? Similarly, if you invested in some type of protection that ended up being unhelpful, that would be valuable to discuss as well.
Odometer keeps increasing more than I want, but that's about it.

Thanks for the replies. I'm looking at the carpet on the back of the rear seats, and inside the rear doors next to the seat, and wondering if I should buy something to cover them. I also noticed that a microfiber towel I left in the center console ended up full of black fibers that seem to have shed from the felt lining of the compartment. I want to do what I can to keep the cheaper materials like these from deteriorating, unless there is a good option for replacing them with something of better quality.

Thanks for the replies. I'm looking at the carpet on the back of the rear seats, and inside the rear doors next to the seat, and wondering if I should buy something to cover them. I also noticed that a microfiber towel I left in the center console ended up full of black fibers that seem to have shed from the felt lining of the compartment. I want to do what I can to keep the cheaper materials like these from deteriorating, unless there is a good option for replacing them with something of better quality.
5 years in a Model 3 and no problems with carpet noticed.

Reactions: APotatoGod
I had a white interior in my silver '18 M3, and it eventually started to show a tint of blue from my jeans. When I got my '22 PY with white interior, I treated it with
GYEON Quartz LeatherShield. It still looks good, but I'll probably clean it good in the spring and add another coat.

Because I'm in ND, Tesla installed front mudflaps and ppf behind the rear tires. I have new mudflaps for the rear and may replace the fronts, if they look too different.

1)12/2020 built 2021 MYLR, Red/white: 43k miles, over 22k highway road trips. No frontal PPF, so the car has the inevitable chips on the front bumper/hood/fenders. Probably fewer than 10, I haven't bothered to cover them with touch-up paint.
2) Steering column replaced at 5k miles, defective/noisy adjustable steering wheel motors
3) Driver's seat (white) showing some faint discoloration from clothing color transfer. Not excessive.
4) OEM wipers blades still perfect (garage kept).
5) OEM ContiProContacts replaced at 30k with 3/32" remaining.
6) Cabin filters at 12 month intervals.

• Informative
Reactions: YisPatHere
Wiper blades. But the wiper blades from the factory are junk, so I was happy when they wore out. Just had the car detailed and ceramic coated, wish I had done that earlier.

Keith
HAHAHA! My OEM blades are at 43k miles, 26 months old, and for sure are NOT junk!

YMMV (clearly, yours does!) 🤣