Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What would be nice to have in the user interface

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What would be nice to have in the user interface:
  • User choice buttons:
    • More than four (can replace the last used one with one or two more user choices).
  • Headlights:
    • When in automatic mode, turn on when wipers are on (or user settable option).
    • Voice command to turn them on, off, or automatic.
  • Audio system:
    • Defaults to last used input.
  • Dash cam:
    • Not have to unplug and replug the USB stick to get it to work.
  • Climate control:
    • Button to turn off/on the heat.
    • Fan speed control near the bottom of the screen instead of the middle.
  • Glovebox:
    • When parked, have a glovebox open button similar to trunk and frunk open with one touch instead of having to go to the car menu.
  • Turn signal camera display:
    • Put it on the upper right of the screen, not lower left. At least for a right turn signal, that is closer to the line of sight from the driver to the right mirror where the driver would look anyway.
  • General display:
    • Offer the displays that used to be available on the lower left (e.g. tire air pressure) in V10.
    • Allow having both percentage and rated range displayed for remaining battery charge. And maybe projected range as well.

Also:
  • Be able to set peak electric rate hours start and end time (with option for each day of the week or weekend / weekday).
  • Charging now should allow:
    • No charging during peak hours.
    • Charge regardless of peak hours.
  • Charging to finish by a certain time should allow:
    • No charging during peak hours.
    • Minimize charging during peak hours.
    • Charge regardless of peak hours.

Yeah, CarPlay or Pandora would be nice. I was surprised and more than a little disappointed to find out I couldn't use Sirius natively in my M3P. I take delivery tomorrow and plan to try the blue tooth workaround but it just seems unnecessary.

Just an observation on the glovebox. Saying “open glovebox” works on my M3.

I would add to your list, additional “on time” for the camera display when using the “3 flash” turn signals. It was an excellent upgrade, but I’d appreciate the camera view staying on longer in the “three flash of turn signal“ mode. Maybe an extra two seconds. Of course, I can always go to full turn signal, to keep the screen view alive.

Your other suggestions are excellent.

Reactions: Floydsox
I'd like the blind spot camera images in top corners of screen instead of bottom corner.
This is partially because I've installed a screen rotator mount (Love it!) which lowers the screen about 1.25", but still I think it would be more intuitive to have those views at the top of the screen.

Also, I think it would be great to have a choice of navigation voicing. I mean the current woman's voice is pleasant but I find her hard to hear at times - with heavy traffic in adjacent lanes, if driving with my window down, or if there's some racket in the car (wife chattering, dogs barking, kids shrieking, or goats bleating. etc.).

Reactions: JDFPHOTO
What would be nice to have in the user interface:
  • User choice buttons:
    • More than four (can replace the last used one with one or two more user choices).

• You've already been able to do more than 4 for a while now-- for example right now I've got both seat heaters, front defrost, dashcam, and radio, streaming, and USB sources all down there.

[*]Dash cam:
      • Not have to unplug and replug the USB stick to get it to work.

Known bug Elon even commented on, supposedly fixed in the .16 branch of updates....(not that it's much help to us FSDBeta folks stuck on .12 for a while)

Apple CarPlay (and Android Auto)
Or at the very least the ability to index music files via bluetooth from a phone. I owned cars years before CarPlay that via bluetooth would index your artists, songs and playlists. I am shocked that in 2022 Tesla cannot do this. The minimalist REW, PLAY/PAUSE, FFW controls harken back to the days of CD's and cassettes and is quite frankly embarrassing in any motor vehicle today.

Or at the very least the ability to index music files via bluetooth from a phone. I owned cars years before CarPlay that via bluetooth would index your artists, songs and playlists. I am shocked that in 2022 Tesla cannot do this. The minimalist REW, PLAY/PAUSE, FFW controls harken back to the days of CD's and cassettes and is quite frankly embarrassing in any motor vehicle today.
Crazy to me that Tesla is still holding out on Apple CarPlay/Android Auto, or if it's Apple/Google holding out on Tesla

Reactions: dm33
Yeah, CarPlay or Pandora would be nice. I was surprised and more than a little disappointed to find out I couldn't use Sirius natively in my M3P. I take delivery tomorrow and plan to try the blue tooth workaround but it just seems unnecessary.
The other problem is that the SiriusXM app won't go into landscape mode. I mounted my phone in landscape mode above the screen for Waze. I just want those two apps and I would be fine.

Could be worse, could be an 8-track player with no FF or REW, just a 1=>2=>3=>4=>1 selector.

I kind of understand why CarPlay/AA isn't available - if you use those maps, it won't do any of the battery calculations or precondition the car when heading to a supercharger.

I do wish Youtube Music or Prime Music was integrated though.

I also wish the wipers had a true intermittent option. Low is still too fast when it's misting, so I'm manually hitting the single swipe button every 15-30 seconds.