Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What service do you use for towing?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,

I understand if there is some mechanical problem with the car then Tesla will send and pay for towing, but in case I run out of charge or a flat tire, What service or company do you use to for towing and how much does it cost? I'm not planning to run out of juice but want to plan this out beforehand :)

Thanks.

You can call Tesla Road-side assistance if you run out of battery. If they operate flat-beds in your area (not sure they have any), they will provide you with a price on the phone.

Otherwise, in most cases they will arrange a flat-bed with an approved local company and let you know the cost. It all depends on the local provider, distance to pick you up, distance towed, etc.

Also you want to check if AAA offers EV rescue trucks in your area. In Los Angeles, AAA has it to mobile charge EV so no tow needed. Also in some area, Tesla Roadside offers wheel/tire exchange in case of flats. They just come to you to change out the wheel and take it back to to service center to fix it for you.

Reactions: vandacca
What about if you have an issue with the vehicle other than depleted battery and need a tow?
I've got AAA roadside assistance which would cover my cost, but calling them I'm not guaranteed a flat bed or a person knowledgeable about hauling a Tesla. But I could call Tesla roadside and they will send a flatbed, but it might not be someone covered under AAA. AAA is usually not to happy about you getting a tow and asking them to cover it later.

What about if you have an issue with the vehicle other than depleted battery and need a tow?
I've got AAA roadside assistance which would cover my cost, but calling them I'm not guaranteed a flat bed or a person knowledgeable about hauling a Tesla. But I could call Tesla roadside and they will send a flatbed, but it might not be someone covered under AAA. AAA is usually not to happy about you getting a tow and asking them to cover it later.

Well the roadside is covered as long as you have warranty (unless it is not a warranty issue like an accident). And if it is not covered under warranty, it is probably covered under your auto insurance (like an accident). And if not not covered under insurance, I think you don't really have to worry too much about the tow fee as the car repair cost would be so much higher at the SC that you won't care about the tow fee. :p

AAA will send you a flatbed if your car requires it. They have had no problem sending a flatbed for every AWD vehicle I've needed towed.