Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What is your next smartphone going to be?

What Type of smartphone are you buying this year?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm seriously considering the new Blackphone. It is a fascinating secure privacy phone that could get me out of that annoying mis-targeted marketing garbage.
Unfortunately it has a capacitive screen. My fingers do not register well on a capacitive screen. I even need a stylus on hand for my 17" touch screen in the car.

I have the Nokia 1020 for the 41 Megapixel camera. Paired up seamlessly with the car and seems to function well including reading and replying to texts via voice. Told my ex that the car takes dictation!!!!

Only thing so far that doesn't see to work is the phones built in map program for announcing directions; that worked well in Acura that I rented last summer. Kind of like it as it dings at you when you are exceeding the speed limit.

Also the Microsoft navigation program seems to be less nagging when giving voice directions.

Rumor has it that Google will seriously crack down on the insane skins and "improvements" the likes of Samsung make. I find the Samsung UI especially obnoxious. Add to that the crap the carriers force down your throat... Yuck. I have only used Nexus phones since the Nexus One came out. Currently on a Nexus 5 and very happy.

Rumor has it that Google will seriously crack down on the insane skins and "improvements" the likes of Samsung make. I find the Samsung UI especially obnoxious. Add to that the crap the carriers force down your throat... Yuck. I have only used Nexus phones since the Nexus One came out. Currently on a Nexus 5 and very happy.
I switched to an unbranded xperia z2. Xperia ui is not too heinous, but would enjoy a GPE any day.

Getting an LG G Watch (hopefully this week) so looking forward to that to complement google glass

Android. Probably. But the problem is that the marginal cellphone cost for my flipphone is $15/mo, I only want one to combine my Galaxy player and flipphone and cellphone companies like to charge more for smartphones under the guise of you having a data plan I don't want.

Huge Apple fan here. I have the 4S and can't wait for the larger 6. They were the first with this technology and I prefer to stick with the company until their product doesn't work well. I have an iMac that's about 4 yrs old. Never had issues like I used to have with PCs. I've had iPhones since inception. For me, it works well. And I'm looking forward to the next OS system later this year. And the other company that's innovative will deliver us our new car!

Last edited:
Huge Apple fan here. I have the 4S and can't wait for the larger 6. They were the first with this technology and I prefer to stick with the company until their product doesn't work well. I have an iMac that's about 4 yrs old. Never had issues like I used to have with PCs. I've had iPhones since inception. For me, it works well. And I'm looking forward to the next OS system later this year. And the other company that's innovative will deliver us our new car!

Out of curiosity, what technology are you referring to that they were the first with?

For me, my next phone will be another Windows Phone. Currently I have the Nokia Lumia Icon and love the cameras on all the Nokia Windows Phones I've owned. Windows Phone I think is a nice compromise between Apple and Google. You get hardware choices like an Android phone, but consistency in the UI like Apple (plus I don't really trust Google with all the data they collect about you). When I get a new Windows Phone, everything syncs over (texts and all) without me having to do anything and I start using it right away as if I've had that phone all along. Considering the Icon is my 6th Windows Phone, it's been very nice to not worry about backing things up and syncing them over. Android wouldn't sync my texts and it was annoying. I had an iPhone 3g back in the day, but it was the only decent smartphone on the market at the time.

Out of curiosity, what technology are you referring to that they were the first with?

The first iPhone was revolutionary. It was the kickstart to all that has followed. To demonstrate, see what we had prior to the iphone and what has happened since. That's what I meant. Maybe they weren't the first to have a screen, but I love what we have since.

beforeandafteriphone.jpg

The first iPhone was revolutionary. It was the kickstart to all that has followed. To demonstrate, see what we had prior to the iphone and what has happened since. That's what I meant. Maybe they weren't the first to have a screen, but I love what we have since.

I would agree with that then. I don't know that Apple's strength has ever been to be the first, but to take an idea and make it better. They didn't invent the mp3 player, smartphone, or tablet, but they took the ideas and made them different and better than what anybody else was doing. I'm not a fan of Apple's products, btw. :)

I would agree with that then. I don't know that Apple's strength has ever been to be the first, but to take an idea and make it better. They didn't invent the mp3 player, smartphone, or tablet, but they took the ideas and made them different and better than what anybody else was doing. I'm not a fan of Apple's products, btw. :)

I sort of figured. :) It's good to have competition. Makes companies strive to be better. Not everyone is going to love Apple. I personally love their products and I can't complain about the support they provide in their stores.
And I've done pretty well with their stock. Tesla's too. :)

View attachment 57244

Your picture seems to be missing Windows Mobile devices, especially the ones using 3.5" QVGA and VGA displays. They would probably appear on the right side, placed right before the iPhone, making the iPhone more evolutionary than revolutionary.