Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What is the best tire for a model 3 long range the Continental pro contact RX Conti Silent or the Michelin Primacy MXM4 ?? Or something else

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This seems like an FAQ.

What are your priorities?
  • Range / economy, noise: the OEM tires or various "EV" tires optimized for range / economy and noise.
  • Sportier performance with good (for an all-season tire) winter performance: Michelin CrossClimate2 (but expect about 11% worse range / economy)
  • Even sportier performance: various ultra-high-performance tires (but expect worse range / economy)

Reactions: pikeman
How are the All Season 4 Michelin tires holding up in terms of ride quality/noise and if any hit on range? Do you have the 18 or 19''?
I have 19's and they are wider 245/40/19 instead of 235 for better load and curb protection. Ride is good ,better than the Pilot Sport AS 3+ I had previously. Noise is better than the AS3's as well. Easier turning. Don't notice any range difference but then I replaced my tires when the car only had 400 miles when new with the wider michelins for curb rash. I was nervous about the car wash. Now the wash I use has a belt system so not relevant.

The 18" Michelin MXM4s that came standard on my 2019 M3 were not great. Only got to 23K. And they're expensive. Went with the Continental EXTREME CONTACT DWS06 PLUS. Seem just as quiet (or loud, however you wanna look at it) as the Michelins even without the foam core, which, incidentally, makes them easier to temp patch on the road if need be.

Reactions: BitJam
The 18" Michelin MXM4s that came standard on my 2019 M3 were not great. Only got to 23K. And they're expensive. Went with the Continental EXTREME CONTACT DWS06 PLUS. Seem just as quiet (or loud, however you wanna look at it) as the Michelins even without the foam core, which, incidentally, makes them easier to temp patch on the road if need be.
How was your range impacted when you switched to the new tires? I’m assuming it took a hit because more tread = more rolling resistance, but how much? I just replaced mine with Nokian One’s and I’m getting about a 10% range hit vs the MX4 Primacy’s I had on there

What is the best tire for a Model 3 Long range? The Michelin Primacy MCM4 DT-1
Or the Continental Pro Contact RX Conti silent 235/40R19
Neither stock tire is particularly good, but the Conti handles significantly better and works better in the snow and ice while giving up nothing anywhere else. If you want quieter and smoother ride, comparable efficiency, and significantly better snow and ice traction, the General Altimax 365AW. There have already been some good suggestions for more performance: Conti DWS06 and Michelin A/S, and for more traction in all conditions, especially snow and ice, the Cross Climate II is a good choice.

How was your range impacted when you switched to the new tires? I’m assuming it took a hit because more tread = more rolling resistance, but how much? I just replaced mine with Nokian One’s and I’m getting about a 10% range hit vs the MX4 Primacy’s I had on there
I don't track my range that closely but if I had to guess I'd say it was MAYBE 5% worse, if at all. I did a ton of research before I bought them. It's hard to wade through all the different reviews people give about tires, but I don't recall too many people saying they lost mileage with the Continentals.