Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What happened to my Autosteer / Autopilot?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Weird and looking for some advice. Have had my MS90D for about 5 weeks and love it!!! Got the update to 17.28.c and thigns seem so smooth until today.

I was driving back from my normal weekend drive (120 miles down and back). Was using autosteer on the way back and it was awesome... a few "hold steering wheel" a few times but not the infamous red error screen (saw it once when i was trying to not touch the wheel). I came upon a toll booth so tapped the brakes and went through but was never allowed to use autosteer.

I even went to the Supercharger and charged up. Stopped the car and picked up pizza and still nothing.... the car can see other cars, can see the lanes perfectly via the main screen and TACC still works but no steering wheel icon and when i try i get "autosteer is temporarily unavailable"

What gives? Any advice?

Craig

If it was my car I'd try the following in order.

Clean the windshield
Clean the radar
Reboot the Center Console
Reboot the instrument cluster
Power off the entire car, and power it back on

Try again in an areas with really clear lines.

Call Tesla/Service Center.

In addition to what @S4WRXTTCS said, maybe get out of the card while it is unplugged, lock it and leave it along for 10 minutes or so. I I had to do it once when my AP1 screwed up. Apparently some things don't reset fully unless the car is allowed to go to sleep on it's own (tried both internal resets, was still broken, funny, same symptoms as yours, but AP1).

I've run into this a few times now. Half way through a 250mi trip, after disengaging autosteer for either a toll booth or to charge, it would not re engage. Next morning it worked. It seems to be happening every time now since getting this version. Tried all the resets reboots clean stuff etc. I'm about to go on a 650mi trip and it's gonna be really annoying if i can't re engage after my first stop...

Reactions: LAPG