Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What exterior color did you order for your Model X?

What exterior color did you choose for your new Model X?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yea but like are they making all the blues then switching to another color, or do they switch off every 100 cars?

In all the photos I've seen of the production line, I've never seen any indication that there are large batches of the same color. They may do a handful of cars in the same color at a time, but it's never a significant number.

In all the photos I've seen of the production line, I've never seen any indication that there are large batches of the same color. They may do a handful of cars in the same color at a time, but it's never a significant number.
Hard to say. I don't think cars go from paint to production but stage for a while first. So they could easily batch paint a bunch of cars where some would sit for up to a week or more curing and waiting in a queue to best match the production phase (ie same features but different colors).

"Midnight Silver Metallic" aka dark grey. For over two years I was planning on Pearl White. Changed my mind the night I configured. MC red is nice too!

I couldn't decide between Midnight Silver Metallic, Solid Black, Titanium Metallic, or Red Multi-Coat. But then I was able to see the red, black, and midnight in person on a Model S and saw titanium online. Felt the red was "too red," which is too bad because Signature Red looks gorgeous! Too late for that, unfortunately. But the Midnight Silver Metallic wasn't nearly as grey as I had worried, so that's the one I chose. Plus the paint looks like stars in the monolith when the sun shines on it. I didn't even consider white because I had a white Jeep that was swarmed by bees once, and that's the last white car I owned. OK, yes... I know that beekeeper suits are solid white because that doesn't attract bees, but I'm allowed my superstitions!

Reactions: omega731
I couldn't decide between Midnight Silver Metallic, Solid Black, Titanium Metallic, or Red Multi-Coat. But then I was able to see the red, black, and midnight in person on a Model S and saw titanium online. Felt the red was "too red," which is too bad because Signature Red looks gorgeous! Too late for that, unfortunately. But the Midnight Silver Metallic wasn't nearly as grey as I had worried, so that's the one I chose. Plus the paint looks like stars in the monolith when the sun shines on it. I didn't even consider white because I had a white Jeep that was swarmed by bees once, and that's the last white car I owned. OK, yes... I know that beekeeper suits are solid white because that doesn't attract bees, but I'm allowed my superstitions!

Were you transporting honey in you Jeep? There's a superstition that bees like honey :wink: