Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What does this dotted yellow line mean on the dash?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, it's not just me... If you've had your Model S for two months then you also have the recent "Raven upgrade" (370 mile range). My 2017 Model S, now being driven by my son, does not have, nor did it it previously have, an issue with excessive regenerative braking loss. I have attempted to heat the battery every way I can think of with little success at increasing regenerative braking. I am starting to get a sinking feeling that this issue is connected to the Raven upgrade (includes use of Model 3 motor). So far, there are only at best a few thousand upgraded Model S in use. Be interesting to see if this particular complaint increases as more Raven upgrades hit the road... Please post if you come up with a solution... I will do the same.

After reflecting on this comment, I realize that you would only know there was a 'problem' with the limiting of the regen braking if you had previously had a Model S. I observed that the new 'Raven upgrade' Model S regen braking behaved very differently than that of my 2017 Model S. Without the previous experience I would think thew 2019 regen braking behavior was 'normal'.

Just picked up my 2013 MS from Tesla (MCU2 upgrade , control arms replaced, V3 door calibration, coolant check) - lots done... and its the first time I've seen this yellow line...

Temp right now: 81F
Car reported: 100F
Inside car: 105F (sitting in the sun)
Range: 100 miles of 181miles (2013 60KW)

Brought it home and charging now, hopefully the yellow line goes away.