Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What does service centers should feel like = "invisible love" mean? Announcement?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think Elon Musk long term vision is nothing like you guys described. Think of it as your computer. You set "update schedule" lets say from 10PM to 6AM, it will do all the updates without you even bothering you.

So think about it. I think long term, you will set your Telsa car "available service time/date". The car will talk to closest service center when a spot is available. The car will SELF DRIVE to the service center, and then DRIVE BACK where it left. Never bothering you.

I think that is HIS long term vision. What you think?
I like that. What's more is I'm pretty sure Musk was referring to the tennis term, "love". Which means "nothing, zero, zip". So invisible love is nothing, that you can't see. Which is really something special.

I would like it if I came to the car after work one day and there was a pop-up on the screen:

"Hi Johan. My sensors told me that the brake fluid was running low. Since I know you never leave work before 3 PM on Mondays I took the liberty of self-driving over the service center to have it checked out. The topped it up and changed the brake pads in the front while they were at it. Hope you dont mind. Love Kitt".

I think Elon Musk long term vision is nothing like you guys described. Think of it as your computer. You set "update schedule" lets say from 10PM to 6AM, it will do all the updates without you even bothering you.

So think about it. I think long term, you will set your Telsa car "available service time/date". The car will talk to closest service center when a spot is available. The car willSELF DRIVE to the service center, and then DRIVE BACK where it left. Never bothering you.

I think that is HIS long term vision. What you think?

Now THAT would be badass. That's what I'm talking about!