Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What charging cables come with the UK RHD Tesla ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What charging cables come with the UK RHD Tesla ?

I’m going to be using an untethered Rolec Wallpod at home and occasionally at the weekend I’ll be making a 250 mile round trip so will need a small top up at our holiday home with a three pin charger.

What do I need to buy that’s not included ?

It should come with a charger for the standard 3 pin UK socket (aka granny charger) and a Type-2 cable.

The latter might be missing so make sure you check for it and ask on the day of collection if it's not there.

occasionally at the weekend I’ll be making a 250 mile round trip so will need a small top up at our holiday home with a three pin charger.

Personally I would buy a good quality extension lead, oversized (diameter) one size to allow for the extra length added by the UMC itself.

"tough impact resistant plug" and "H07RN-F tough rubber cable" are what I would look out for, the cable will take a fair amount of abuse such as rubbing against tarmac.

I would feel the plug after 30-60mins and check it wasn't hotter than "tepid", and again before leaving on overnight. Old garage wiring etc. may not be up to continuous running. If it overheats or trips trying dialling down the AMPs on the dashboard (that will slow the charge rate of course ...). If it won't work try the neighbours (and if that works best to get a Sparky to check the wiring - might be critical fault developing)

Model-S/X is about 5-6MPH from 13AMP, Model-3 is around 9MPH (you might want to turn off anything power-hungry in the car if you need max speed - Sentry Mode and pre-conditioning etc.)

Industrial Extension leads

A short Type 2, and a long 3-pin granny cable, came with my LR AWD Model 3 last month. Check that the Type 2 is long enough for your Rolec. I have not got mine out yet (I have a tethered charger), but they told us it was 2 metres, which is really not long enough in my view. I suspect you will end up buying another Type 2?

A short Type 2, and a long 3-pin granny cable, came with my LR AWD Model 3 last month. Check that the Type 2 is long enough for your Rolec. I have not got mine out yet (I have a tethered charger), but they told us it was 2 metres, which is really not long enough in my view. I suspect you will end up buying another Type 2?
Blimey, 2m is short! I the one I got with the car was 4m long.

Does the Tesla Mobile Charger include a 16A adapter? The website says it does but...just want to check?

With my UMC I got both the 13A and 16A adapters.
Yes, 3 pin plug and 16A commando adapters as well as the Type 2 cable. If you want to cover all the bases you can also order the 32A commando adapter for £32 if you pick it up from Service Centre.

Thanks both, I think I had somehow decided that the 32A commando being an optional extra meant that the 16A was as well!

Reactions: Roy W.
IMG_1232.jpeg
As already described:
1. Tesla UMC with 3 pin plug & 16 A Commando
2. 4m 32A 3 phase Type 2

IMG_1233.jpeg

I read somewhere that recently they didn’t give the type 2 for free and it was something you had to pay for in the UK, which doesn’t seem right. But if anyone has had a late 2019 or 2020 delivery could confirm that would be super... thanks :)

I collected my M3 beginning of November and it didn't come with a type 2 cable. To be honest I didn't realize I should get one until just reading this thread. The service centre didn't mention it either..

Anyone know if they have a delivery checklist proving I didn't get one.

I collected from Manchester and they were also out of chargers at the time .

I collected my M3 beginning of November and it didn't come with a type 2 cable. To be honest I didn't realize I should get one until just reading this thread. The service centre didn't mention it either..

Anyone know if they have a delivery checklist proving I didn't get one.

I collected from Manchester and they were also out of chargers at the time .

Here: Charging Connectors