Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What are the issues with AP2?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good to know. Wife has the car right now but I just got an update notification. Glad to know that issue will go away.

Well I've only had .42 for a day. .40.1 didn't misbehave every trip but it refused to lane change one trip and would do the halfway abort for two more. No explanation came to mind. I engage turn signal and turn off after it is mostly there. Never had an issue before with alc.

Well I've only had .42 for a day. .40.1 didn't misbehave every trip but it refused to lane change one trip and would do the halfway abort for two more. No explanation came to mind. I engage turn signal and turn off after it is mostly there. Never had an issue before with alc.

Mostly there? A little over half? My Tesla seems to need me to be sure, or it ducks back as if I'd seen something and decided against the move, or changed my mind. I let it signal 6 times, by which time I am almost completely in my new lane, and Tesla car doesn't have to sit guessing what I want. I would rather it did that than me having to reverse the move.

Mostly there? A little over half? My Tesla seems to need me to be sure, or it ducks back as if I'd seen something and decided against the move, or changed my mind. I let it signal 6 times, by which time I am almost completely in my new lane, and Tesla car doesn't have to sit guessing what I want. I would rather it did that than me having to reverse the move.

It would refuse to go past halfway even with the turn signal down. I am just saying I don't just slightly depress the turn signal either. I engage it and the car was still refusing to lane change. Usually I will disengage the turn once my car is in the new lane and close to centered (the car likes to "hone" back into the center regardless). So its "mostly there" but if I was in control I would ease in to final portion of the change instead of swerving like AP2 tends to do to find center again.