Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Western Canada Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
sorry this is the correct link:
I thought you were subtly suggesting that I make a YouTube video on a future road trip north of Winnipeg!

I just checked the Plugshare map and there are many more level 2 chargers than there used to be, so the situation has improved. Still however I estimate that 3/4 of the parts of Manitoba where there are roads are not within range of a public charger.

I thought you were subtly suggesting that I make a YouTube video on a future road trip north of Winnipeg!

I just checked the Plugshare map and there are many more level 2 chargers than there used to be, so the situation has improved. Still however I estimate that 3/4 of the parts of Manitoba where there are roads are not within range of a public charger.
I made a trip to Baldy Mountain, the highest point in Manitoba, in July 2022. I nearly got stranded up at the mountain in a quasi life-threatening situation, but it was not related to my battery or SOC.

This was back before the superchargers opened along the Yellowhead so IIRC I did a range charge at Whitewood, SK, drove up to Baldy, then stopped at a Flo charger in Dauphin on the way to Portage-la-Prairie where I stayed for the night. High pointing is a strange hobby, even stranger when trying to do it in an EV. And that was definitely one of my strangest expeditions!

Reactions: XHabjab and Andy O
Yes it's shocking that the City of Vancouver with the highest condo concentration and likely the most EV's by number in BC, and only an old V1 Supercharger and V2 Superchargers in expensive pay garages in Downtown, that's sad! Can't believe Tesla cannot build even 1 Supercharger in VanCity in almost 10 years.
There isn't much choice... There is no free or cheap parking in downtown Vancouver so they will always be in some sort of pay parkade unless you expect Tesla to foot the bill (which would be passed on). Space is at a premium in busy downtowns so that's the reality.

Reactions: bolero
There isn't much choice... There is no free or cheap parking in downtown Vancouver so they will always be in some sort of pay parkade unless you expect Tesla to foot the bill (which would be passed on). Space is at a premium in busy downtowns so that's the reality.

You misread what I said. I never said Downtown Vancouver. I said City of Vancouver. Downtown already has 2 old Supercharger locations in underground pay garages.

City of Vancouver on the other hand and unbelievably, has none! Space is not at a premium in VanCity, there are dozens of large parking lots at strip malls and Recreation and Community Centers dotted all around the city. Ideally shopping centers would be attracted to new revenue and secondary revenue, but it would be nice if all Municipalities across the Province would team up with Tesla to install Superchargers all City Hall parking lots, Community Centers and even street parking.