Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Web Browser Stuck

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi! Guys,

I just picked up my Model S (85) and am really excited. I have been showing it at work and everyone is really amazed with the car. However, for some reason my car web browser is stuck. No matter what site I try to go it does not do anything. Is there a way to restart the browser cause no matter what site I try or how many times I try to reload nothing happens. Help!!

Also just curious when I am on a highway going 70+ I hear the car make some sound (like the engine working but there is no engine :) ). Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks

I have had this exact same issue. Rebooting was the only way to correct it.

I would recommend emailing ownership. When I emailed in about this, they said they have not heard any complaints about the browser getting stuck. There should be a way to kill the browser process without having to reboot the whole system.

Thanks Guys. Rebooting worked.

EdA, yes I do use Google navigation and live traffic. Could that be the issue?

steve841: I will search for "groan" sound and see what comes up. I have to take my S in next week cause my tire pressure light is on and it seems the sensor has some issues so I will ask them to check it at that time.

phat78boy: I agree that there should be a better browser management.

Thanks all.

Thanks guys. Wanted to close the loop. I took the car to my service center and they did not believe me first. So I had to take the service guy on a ride and make him hear it. After that he took the car a few times himself and recorded the noise saying he will send it to the main center for analysis. Today after two weeks I got a call from my service center saying it is the drive train and they want me to bring it in to replace it. So if anyone else is hearing the gronk sound when driving around 75 mph then take it in and tell them the drive train has a problem.

thanks again to all of you for pointing me in the right direction.