Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Web browser issues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am a real estate agent and use a Multiple Listing Service website to access home data from my Tesla. Everything was working fine until 3-4 weeks ago. Now it won't allow me to log into the secure MLS site. The MLS website has a 2 hour "timeout" feature and I suspect that I visited the site and didn't log out before the 2 hour window was up. Now every time I try to log in I get a message saying that my "session was terminated due to inactivity" and to log in again. The message keeps repeating no matter how many times I try and log in.

I spent about an hour troubleshooting with the MLS service IT department and the issue is with the Tesla browser. Apparently, the browser stores some type of session info for visited websites. In my case, I think the Tesla browser is trying to reconnect to my expired session. Further complicating matters is the fact that there is no option to clear browser data.

I called Tesla and they manually cleared the browser to get things back to normal. Anyone else have a similar problem?

The Tesla contact told me that the engineering department is working on improving/upgrading the browser. Again...anyone have the scoop on this?