Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waze, Model Y and Cell phone holder

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla does not integrate Waze in its display. I need the waze for the up to date “speed trap” alert. So essentially I will NOT be using the expensive and huge Tesla display.

Any suggestions for safely integrating Waze (with current warnings) during driving?

Any recommendations for a cell phone mount/holder?

Thanks.

Is Teslaware - as good as Waze in informing us about speed traps? Even if so, it’s not as widely used as Waze so will we get useful info about current speed traps nation wide?
It's not going to be as smooth as Waze, since it's web-based. But the data should all be the same. I can't imagine this is a "Waze from scratch" with its own group of users inputting data, but rather a portal to Waze's information, displayed friendly for the Tesla screen.

Try them out side by side and see how it works.

Tesla does not integrate Waze in its display. I need the waze for the up to date “speed trap” alert. So essentially I will NOT be using the expensive and huge Tesla display.

Any suggestions for safely integrating Waze (with current warnings) during driving?

Any recommendations for a cell phone mount/holder?

Thanks.

FWIW this is what I've been using for about a week now and like:
https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B0721B4TW4?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_dt_b_asin_title

I have it suction cupped to the back of the Tesla screen, with a magnet to the left and a little higher than the top of the screen... Works pretty well. TIFWIW.

Reactions: RayB
I tried one of those magnetic mounts someone else suggested but couldn’t get the metal plate positioned where it would 1) hold my iPhone 11 Pro Max securely and 2) charge wirelessly when needed. Gave up and just rest it on the charger now.

I used Waze on my screen (on the web browser) today on my model Y and later tonight on the model 3, like it a lot, Works we’ll I will use it on longer range trips next time.

open up your web browser and type Tesla Waze, and then click on the site. Make sure you hit the heart with the Plus sign to save it as a favorite.

Fred

Last edited:
I tried one of those magnetic mounts someone else suggested but couldn’t get the metal plate positioned where it would 1) hold my iPhone 11 Pro Max securely and 2) charge wirelessly when needed. Gave up and just rest it on the charger now.

Got this mount yesterday and it works well to view movies on my IPad Pro while camping. Also works for the phone too. Will set it up tomorrow on the front windshield and take some pictures.

I got this mount to also view Waze or ABRP on a IPad mini.

Arkon Large Tablet Long Arm... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00585CLR2?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Fred

Thanks for info @laservet , @Wennfred. @Dennisis.

Fred please post some pictures looks sturdy. ? is, will it obscure the view, how good is the suction cup, does it fall off?

Dennisis, what model did you use, that did not work well?

Thanks.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0831B67CN/

This one - someone else on TMC had recommended it but it doesn't work for me. Currently it resides in the "drawer of things I used to use or tried to use and maybe will again someday" but will in fact be thrown out at some future date while making room for more crap... ;)

• Funny
Reactions: Rocdude
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0831B67CN/

This one - someone else on TMC had recommended it but it doesn't work for me. Currently it resides in the "drawer of things I used to use or tried to use and maybe will again someday" but will in fact be thrown out at some future date while making room for more crap... ;)
Same with me, that magnet is too weak for the IPhone XS Max and case. The phone tilts over.

Fred

Reactions: Rocdude
I'm probably way in the minority here, and I'm quite naive as I have yet to use Tesla's system, but I love my Android Auto in my current DD - the integration of appointments in my calendar, Google maps and Waze navigation - definately has me considering some sort of mount, maybe even setting up something like a Galaxy Tab as a dedicated Android Auto screen whilst keeping my phone bluetoothed to the car?

Is this the most ridiculous idea ever? How well does the calendar sync in in Tesla Nav work for those with experience with both systems?

I don't own this but I've seen it on Youtube, looks cool I've thought about buying it and if I really wanted to regularly use Waze I would, but I haven't been doing so, just using the built in Navi thus far:

https://www.amazon.com/WJM-Wireless...jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

The reason I've been thinking about it is that I don't like the built-in spotify prefer the interface on my phone so considering playing that over bluetooth more often and this would make it easier to adjust. Overall, these things do make me miss carplay a bit, but I hold out hope that we'll get upgrade to the spotify interface to make it more like the phone app (i.e. custom daily playlists, etc.).

Anyway curious if anyone has used that mount.

Incoming pics:

8542B780-D739-4B54-88FE-8BB9F71EB88A.jpeg

76448287-0806-4370-B1CF-4CD12095D4D3.jpeg

B1FE5A96-F3D2-4289-BA29-E24A23D9B1BB.jpeg

5F88961D-0F14-4FF7-A1B8-2199782BB323.jpeg

402F33B8-5E95-4F77-9457-BE29DCB7DDDB.jpeg

12371A0B-6DFD-4E2F-B37B-033E493E30B1.jpeg

1EF89D67-6EBD-4FD0-8934-9F61F9E74B0C.jpeg

9CB3B4CE-4D24-467E-8F76-05CAF0537357.jpeg

2CABB134-98B1-4B22-A26E-1E9E6BBDAEB6.jpeg

Hope that gives ya an Idea, the Mount has longer fingers so that you can mount a 11” IPad Pro, with the IPad Pro & case for the Back window (camp mode) you will need to attach a core and connect the core to the top of the gray top edge of the hatch. The IPad Pro with the case is too heavy for the joint locking swivel over by the suction cup. But the core was a quick fix.

***Also note that the arm is telescoping so you can extend the mount closer to you if you like.

These are the various finger sizes to go from a phone to a large tablet or iPad.

C7F6C210-414A-4588-A89D-376DB05008C3.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: AquaY and Rocdude