Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Watch out for solar panels!!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Unreal. Thanks for sharing.

It kills me that people use the eyesore excuse against something that can save the world. I just can't get over that. People can save money and the planet by putting solar panels on their roof, but they don't like the way they look so they turn it down.

That report is a bit hard to believe, but hey, this is America, where a large percentage of the adult population thinks the earth is only a few thousand years old.
Quote from the article: "A retired science teacher, Jane Mann, said she was concerned about the rising risk of cancer deaths in the area (despite reports showing that cancer rates in North Carolina have fallen over the 2008 to 2012 period) saying that no one could tell her that solar panels were not causing the cancer.
She was also concerned that photosynthesis would slow due to the solar panels, stopping the plants from growing in the solar farm fields."
I would not describe that woman as a "science teacher". And I feel sorry for all her students.

She was also concerned that photosynthesis would slow due to the solar panels, stopping the plants from growing in the solar farm fields."
Well that is the only thing she was correct about. Plants don't grow well under solar panels.

It's bit like saying don't plant corn, because it prevents wheat from growing in the field. It's true, but not very useful information.

I'm pretty sure that "science teacher" was saying that plants in fields close to the solar panel arrays would suffer, not because the plants were beneath the panels but because they were near the panels.
I really hope that article isn't true and that it's a practical joke of some kind. It's embarrassing to reside in the same country with such ignorance.

Never underestimate the ignorance of the American public. And I mean it. Just look at our politics. When I see stuff like this I wonder how it is that we found ourselves as the "world leader". It certainly wasn't because of these idiots. I live in Santa Cruz, CA, known for it's whackos. I literally saw a woman go to a county supervisor's meeting (our local governing body for those outside the US), wearing an aluminum foil hat and urging the Board to allow her to sue her neighbors because their radio waves were trespassing on her property.

I guess you have love a country that can still be successful with this stuff going on!

Though seriously, it pisses me off.