Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Washing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do you guys have any trusted products or methods? I'm ready to move on from trips to the touchless car wash. I don't get what I pay for. I have a pressure washer and I was thinking I could use that with some soap to get a better, cheaper wash. Maybe use the pressure washer to get the suds on it as well? Ideally something not horrible for the grass and enviorment

Is this your first car? If not, than consider that washing a Tesla is no different than washing any car.
Strong stream of water to wash off loose grit/dust, soapy/sudsy microfiber wash mitt/cloth (NOT sponge), spray off suds, dry with a microfiber cloth.

Or...you can go down the marketing rabbithole of cleaners, cloths, blowdryers, polishes, waxes, ceramic coatings, etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc.

There are dozens of threads on this in this forum. ;)

Do you guys have any trusted products or methods? I'm ready to move on from trips to the touchless car wash. I don't get what I pay for. I have a pressure washer and I was thinking I could use that with some soap to get a better, cheaper wash. Maybe use the pressure washer to get the suds on it as well? Ideally something not horrible for the grass and enviorment
I'd recommend staying away from pressure washers. If used incorrectly, they can take the paint off the car.

A bucket, cloth, soap, and water have worked well for millions if not billions of cars. And maybe a chamois to dry.

Reactions: Mike728
Any suggestions in particular? I'm thinking the bug cleaner, a general washing soap, and an interior spray
I think any of their shampoos or cleaners work great; can’t go wrong and just a matter of personal choice IMO. I also use a foam gun to help the cleaning along… really does make things easier. That’s where I draw the line… I don’t use the two-bucket wash system 😂

Reactions: Poolparty
I think any of their shampoos or cleaners work great; can’t go wrong and just a matter of personal choice IMO. I also use a foam gun to help the cleaning along… really does make things easier. That’s where I draw the line… I don’t use the two-bucket wash system 😂
Ordered on prime day yesterday, Honeydew gallon and foamer, bucket kit, micro fiber 3-pack, bug soap, and 2 pack interior spray. 160ish in Amazon credit

Reactions: karkrazy